• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 XTX vs 2009 Crossfire 800R

HRD2PLZ

Expert
Well, finally got a chance to run against buddies new (bought new this year) 2009 Crossfire 800R. Wasn't good. In the field going out of Newberry trails from the south, I would guess half mile, he left me from the start to finish. A sled or so from start and about 3 sleds at finish. We raced again later on a hard packed road and we were side by side until about 95 mph then he inched by, until we both let off at just over the c- note. That is a pretty quick sled, first sled that has beat me on a hole shot, even his brother on the F1000 cant handle my holeshot. whole thing was good for hot tub talk later that night. Thinking now I have to find a little more hp next year. Would the PC with my current stock sled with just a Barkers exhaust add any significance? Dont really want to mess with clutching since i don't have the time nor patience for testing. I don't need to be the fastest sled out there, just want to be competitive on the 1/2 to 3/4 mile runs. I love my current trail setup (adjustments), not too soft, but turns well.

Nytro - 138 hp - @530 lbs
Crossfire 800R - 145hp - @430lbs ( from what I have found )

More HP and less weight. I would expect what you found. Found a write up somewhere, forget where, said the 800R is very fast in the 1/4 mile for sure. Topped out @107 mph.

Its been a long time but, pretty sure when it came to cars, they used to say 10lbs = 1 HP. If this is the case, your in the hole 17hp right off the bat.

PS: from what I read, the 2010 800r has close to 160 hp. Just a heads up.

zeke66 said:
Nytro - 138 hp - @530 lbs
Crossfire 800R - 145hp - @430lbs ( from what I have found )

More HP and less weight. I would expect what you found. Found a write up somewhere, forget where, said the 800R is very fast in the 1/4 mile for sure. Topped out @107 mph.

Its been a long time but, pretty sure when it came to cars, they used to say 10lbs = 1 HP. If this is the case, your in the hole 17hp right off the bat.

PS: from what I read, the 2010 800r has close to 160 hp. Just a heads up.

Actually, from my Supertraxx this year, I think the 09 was rated at 151hp and for 2010 is even higher. But.....the 07 F1000 is supposed to be like 163hp and I don't have abig problem with him until about 90mph. Was just surprised at the 800's low pull. I understand the hp diffenece, but seriously haven't had a sled yet beat me on take off (stock sleds...maybe cans...but I think 2 strokes lose hp with cans) yet. Again, was just surprised......and at this point wouldn't even thik of lining up against a 2010. BTW.....did beat a sh!t talkin dude on an 05 F7, he went by me when I was doing about 40mph over the same field, I hit it and caught him at 80 and went by him, rat bastard!!!!!

I have seen the same thing really. I ride with 2 guys, one has a Poo 800r and the other has a 600 ETEC.

On a lake, I stay even or a bit faster off the line with the 800R ( piped) but, once we hit @85 he slowly pulls ahead. The 600 ETEC ( clutched), forget it. The stock Nytro blows him away off the line, even with my fat ars.

As for your F7 guy, it seems like our Nytros have a big bullseye on them. Everybody wants to race us.

Talk to Ulmer, he will set you up with a clutch kit that will require little if any tuning, plug and play. I have K&N's, his clutching, a PC, and the Excell header and it made a difference on my XTX. I was running against a Crossfire 1000 and swapping wins. The 800R works well had me by at least 3-4 lengths start to finish a couple of weeks ago, conditions weren't great though and he was hooking up alot better, I willl try him again on hard pack to see.

HRD2PLZ said:
Well, finally got a chance to run against buddies new (bought new this year) 2009 Crossfire 800R. Wasn't good. In the field going out of Newberry trails from the south, I would guess half mile, he left me from the start to finish. A sled or so from start and about 3 sleds at finish. We raced again later on a hard packed road and we were side by side until about 95 mph then he inched by, until we both let off at just over the c- note. That is a pretty quick sled, first sled that has beat me on a hole shot, even his brother on the F1000 cant handle my holeshot. whole thing was good for hot tub talk later that night. Thinking now I have to find a little more hp next year. Would the PC with my current stock sled with just a Barkers exhaust add any significance? Dont really want to mess with clutching since i don't have the time nor patience for testing. I don't need to be the fastest sled out there, just want to be competitive on the 1/2 to 3/4 mile runs. I love my current trail setup (adjustments), not too soft, but turns well.

Yep, little tuning, then get the Ulmer clutch kit, pretty much both and go... Then add the K&N's and PCIII. That will fix the your issues with an Crossfire 800. Also, make sure your transfer rod is set to max, the next time you go out and race. He may have had his transfer set to max. Way better whole shot. His transfer may be set to max and he might not know it or maybe he did....

Also what does he have for traction and what do you have? Track and/or studs?

HRD2PLZ said:

Barker Exhaust makes 4 HP more at Peak and that peak is 9700 RPMS. Do you have any other mods?

SledFreak said:
Also what does he have for traction and what do you have? Track and/or studs?

His sled is completely stock save an MBRP can. probably has a 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 track, not studded. Mine, studded stock ripsaw (1 1/4 i think). And I only have the Barkers slipon.

He's also about 60lbs skinnier than me.

Back