• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 mtx se 153''

kennedy

hey all
I am curently on a doo 800 renegade backcountry (dont :die ).an verry much considering moving to a 4 stroke i do all kinds of
riding groomed trails,midwest upnorth,some out west , looked at the xtx but want a bit longer track . I see they revamped the 2010 mtx ,Has any one had the mtx 153'' in midwest style trails ??

I go to school in Platteville, WI and have rode the trails here a few hundred miles, out west for 8 days, and trails/off trail in the U.P with my MTX. The sled is fun to ride and I can keep up to a average short track rider in the twisty trails but don't expect to keep up with a fast rider. To much track for the corners, but off trail it really performs well. Best thing to do for Midwest trails is cut the track down. I cut my CE down to 1.9 inches and it hooks up so good on the trails, works great for drifts and woods riding.Also a huge advantage in the tight trails in the torque of a four stroke and the gearing of a MTX, this makes it extremely fast corner to corner. Also a pair of ice scratches go a long way for slide wear and cooling. If you are looking for a sled I will soon have mine for sale.

I was in the same spot you are last year. I went with the 2010 MTX and love it! However there is some tradeoffs, I cut my track down to 1.75 for the u.p, and ontario. I run a 2.25 powerclaw for west. The MTX works great in the trails, but the floats are a valved a little off for the big bumps. You can find a good medium but it still far from the XTX. I also regeared and you have to change the clutching. Its all how much work you want to put into it! The XTX with a 2" on it might work better but don't expect a mtx out if it off trail.

You could also slap on rail extensions and a different track for the steep and deep.

Back