• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 rs vector gt

grizzly101

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 apex xtx, 2010 rs vector gt, 2002 sx viper,1998 venture 600
looking at buying used 2010 rs vector gt as a back up sled. anything specific problems i should be looking for when inspecting sled?

looseness in front a-arms and spindles, get bronze oilite bushings if replacement is needed, upgraded relay for fuel pump (red ones are new style) replace bearing on drive shaft near speedo sensor, sliders as usual. install 135 mm idler wheels to prolong slider life. I have a 2010 Vector with over 25000km 0f trouble free miles. inspected the primary clutch every season and rebuilt the chain case every 2nd season as a precaution due to my multi day saddle bag trips. Did my own work so free labour makes the extra precautionary work not so expensive Like any machine the extreme cold was a challenge. Installed a 2" handle bar riser for better ergos.

thank froggy. good info already pulled trigger on it. 2010 with 1800km so just broke in.

Forgot to mention the darting issue, tried duallies, then tuner skis and then put snow trackers on the tuners and that was the answer for me, I hear snow trackers on the stock ski is a good combination also.

There a pretty solid machine.. we had a 2010 and put 10200 usa miles on it.. only issue exhaust donuts at 4000 us miles. Grease the drive and jackshaft bearings behind the secondary clutch.. important. I pack it in by fingers..some use a grease needle.
If you ride it and works and feels ok then it probably is fine. Mostly same as the Apex except for the 3 cyl.. so lot's of info there as well for you. It all depends on how it was rode.. my wife used the 2010 and rode easy so the front bushings were still tight ..when we traded for a 2013.

Forgot to mention the darting issue, tried duallies, then tuner skis and then put snow trackers on the tuners and that was the answer for me, I hear snow trackers on the stock ski is a good combination also.

I bought my 2010 with 400 miles and dual carbides, best tracking sled I ever had. Thought it was because it was new and straight, factory adjustment on the alignment.
Went with single carbides next time and back to darting, Back to duals and strait as an arrow. I'm sold on duallys.

I bought my 2010 with 400 miles and dual carbides, best tracking sled I ever had. Thought it was because it was new and straight, factory adjustment on the alignment.
Went with single carbides next time and back to darting, Back to duals and strait as an arrow. I'm sold on duallys.

I found the same thing... on both my Attaks and the wifes Vector ltx's... Had the skidoo pilots too. they were terrible in loose powder snow we get...

Check the bulkhead ears, where the "A" arms attach. They apparently break off easy and are a PITA to replace. I would also look closely at the A arms to make sure they are not bent (cost me 500 to replace mine). Take a look at the rails make sure they are not bent or cracked. Mine where both and also cost me a fortune to replace.

tks to everybody for your info. ckd a arms rails and bushings all were good. took her to northern saskatchewan last week worked great although mite have to extend tunnel and track as we got into 2 feet of snow and slush everywhere so was a little hairy for a shortie.

Back