• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector LTX

For 2010 they were all RS Vector GT's (or LTX GT's) on previous years it meant a different shock package but not for 2010 and later

What might be the ideal carbides for this sled? I don't really want to replace the skis. And at 250lbs someone said to pull the limit strap up a notch. Any other out of the box suggestions?

GT has the Handlebar adjustable rear ohlins shock package, in stead of manual adjustment on the tunnel. Also has the piggy back adjustable front shocks. Nice package and very easy to tune for your riding style. :sled1:

Bluebullet said:
GT has the Handlebar adjustable rear ohlins shock package, in stead of manual adjustment on the tunnel. Also has the piggy back adjustable front shocks. Nice package and very easy to tune for your riding style. :sled1:

Electric Ohlins Mono-Shock is on Apex GT only, NOT the Vector.

The Vector did get rezzy front shocks on the GT model though thru 2011. The '12-present they lost the front rezzys. Stupid move Yamaha :drink: ;):D

theCATman said:
Bluebullet said:

Electric Ohlins Mono-Shock is on Apex GT only, NOT the Vector.

The Vector did get rezzy front shocks on the GT model though thru 2011. The '12-present they lost the front rezzys. Stupid move Yamaha :drink: ;):D

X2, and are they even rebuildable?

For 2010 they were all RS Vector GT's (or LTX GT's) on previous years it meant a different shock package but not for 2010 and later

Not sure about this. My specs show they have different engines. The standard has less cubes than the GT

iasledder said:

Not sure about this. My specs show they have different engines. The standard has less cubes than the GT

2005-2009 ALL VECTORS are a CARBURETED 973cc 3 cyl

2010-present ALL VECTORS are a FUEL INJECTED 1049cc 3cyl

And NO, IT'S NOT the same engine as the FX Nytro. The Vector has different cams & less spark advance.

I have a real hard time with the YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION USA webpage. Many times when looking at base specifications, I've found information that I know to be incorrect, particularly with suspension travel, shock packages, bore & stroke... It would be nice to see Yamaha do a little more proof reading before posting a web page with specs. I guess that's why they have their CYA statement in small print that specs are subject to change.

To the best of my knowledge, all US model Vectors from 2010 and up come with the 1049cc fuel injected engine. 2009 and previous had the 973cc carburated engine. I believe the Canadian sold models may have gotten the FI model before it was available in the US. Maybe some friends up north can chime in about Canadian models.

The RS Venture (2-up model) is still the 973cc carburated engine. The RS Venture GT and RS Venture TF are upgraded to the 1049cc FI engines.

Hope this helps.

thegrizzly1 said:
To the best of my knowledge, all US model Vectors from 2010 and up come with the 1049cc fuel injected engine. 2009 and previous had the 973cc carburated engine. I believe the Canadian sold models may have gotten the FI model before it was available in the US. Maybe some friends up north can chime in about Canadian models.

The RS Venture (2-up model) is still the 973cc carburated engine. The RS Venture GT and RS Venture TF are upgraded to the 1049cc FI engines.

Hope this helps.

X2 This is all correct

Sorry, I was wrong about the GT. That's my mistake for the month! lol :sled1:

Back