• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector - What do you guys think?

RS Vector GT vs RS Vector LTX GT {2010}

2010 RS Vector GT vs RS Vector LTX GT on Yamaha-Motor website. Sez the LTX has extrovert drivers and a low windshield. Vec GT has no mention of extroverts and lists a tall windshield as standard. Is this good info? I know that real production models can vary from the early specs. Still lookin' RR. :flag:

Groomerdriver said:
Retail prices are irrelevant IMO. It's what you pay the dealer is what's important.

Bingo. I couldn't imagine paying anything close to retail. If you have been, it's time to find another dealer if feasible. I paid almost 4k under MSRP at the beginning of the season when the '05's were just released. I had to drive almost 50 miles but coulda just drove into the next town and got the same sled in red for thousands more. If I really wanted a blue one from the other guys, well that would be special order and of course, extra. They did have that big new building to pay for...

rupprider said:
I think it's a mistake in the "features" tab info. Vector 121 should list extroverts also. Agree?

What arew the benefits of having extrovert drivers? Never had them so I'd like other peeps opinions.

I know a fella from up here is vector stopped oiling the crank and it blew up on him. The dealership gave him a demo nytro short track and he said the nytro had lots of snap but no top end. His vector would eat it in top end. Im pretty sure in a long straight with my rage i would go by him. I don t think FI is needed for the 120 horse sled i like my carbs i find it starts better than the new phazer i took for a drive. I didn t think it was gonna start lol. I wish sometimes i lived in the states snowmobile prices up here are a retarded i figured out if i got a 2010 Nytro xtx once taxes and all them stupid fees the dealership adds on it was gonna cost me over 20 grand and the interest? no wonder you can t find a second hand four stroke.

for a basic 07 phazer it was gonna cost me 8495 with taxes plus interest thats retarded for a two year old sled doesn t even have reverse. And they wonder why they got a bunch of left over phazers get with it? We may like sledding but were not all rich! I bet you could get the same sled in the U.S for likely four grand. The dealer won t even throw in a free cover! Like seriously there is something wrong with the dealer up here lol.

island_rage05 said:
for a basic 07 phazer it was gonna cost me 8495 with taxes plus interest thats retarded for a two year old sled doesn t even have reverse. And they wonder why they got a bunch of left over phazers get with it? We may like sledding but were not all rich! I bet you could get the same sled in the U.S for likely four grand. The dealer won t even throw in a free cover! Like seriously there is something wrong with the dealer up here lol.

That IS crazy! Too bad you aren't in the states. My brother in law just traded in his low mileage 07 Phazer for next to nothing. He hated it. It had a starting problem also and went to the dealer a few times. Guess they had upgrades for it? He also had to make snow deflectors for the open tunnel. (these are available through Yamaha but he's cheap) He traded it in on an old used Viper and gave the dealer cash to boot...

my thoughts

Got a chance to ride the 2010 Vector this weekend in Derby, VT.
The motor definitely has some noticable advantages over the old 120 HP engine. It pulls much harder than the carb version, and the throttle response is much quicker. No worrying about how quickly the choke can be taken off in extreme cold weather. The clutch still seems to engage quite smoothly, but the power turns on a lot quicker than my 06 120hp motor.
The 2010 handled great and everyone that got a chance to try it seemed to say that it was the most comfortable sled to ride. Everyone there that I talked to, who had experience with the carb 120hp motor, said that the difference in the motors was very noticeable. I agreed.
So, if this 1049cc FI motor gets any better fuel economy than the old 973cc carb motor, which it should, then it should be the ultimate trail sled in that horsepower class.
Not the most exciting release for 2010, if you're looking for 170hp, but If you want the most fuel efficient, comfortable, and reliable trail sled that you can find in the line-up, then Yamaha built your sled this year.
Hopefully this is helpful to anyone looking for that class of sled.
On another note, the two Yamaha Demo guys, Eric & Scott are both excellent at answering questions and providing technical knowledge on the new sleds, as well as real world riding experience.
Get out and ride these new Yamahas, you won't regret taking the time to show up at an event.

Back