• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 is updated Apex

2011 apex

2008 Nytro RTX said:
This is the game changer? Come on!

"There has to be more...this is just a decoy they are letting us see... the real surprise is yet to come!"

Maybe we will get lucky and this is the new 2011 vector

Re: 2011 apex

big_red1a said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
This is the game changer? Come on!

"There has to be more...this is just a decoy they are letting us see... the real surprise is yet to come!"

Maybe we will get lucky and this is the new 2011 vector
I hate to ask what this thing will cost

Guys, that's the pre-production 2006 Apex you are looking at!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Be prepared for disappointment....especially with comments like it revs just over 10000, and how it runs close to another Apex!!!

I hope there is more to come. I, like most of you, want more power.. I think Im making a good choice keeping my sled and putting on a yamacharger...

I definately like the rear end better than the apex style. I liked the rx-1 cannon style exhaust better too. The apex style exhaust looks unfinished and never seamed to me to have the fit and finish of the RX-1 rear end. I don't really care about that though, I want to be first down the lake!!

Look at it on the positive side, if the sled doesn't live up to expectations, it just further enhances the re-sale value of what we already own. If this doesn't come out and really impress, it will be tough to find a leftover or current production Apex anywhere for sale on floors.

87gtNOS said:

Be prepared for disappointment....especially with comments like it revs just over 10000, and how it runs close to another Apex!!!

I'm starting to think this thing maybe a 3 cylnder Nytro motor bumped up in hp. First take a good look at those pics, because the panels are wider, the christmas tree airbox sticks up farther. I believe their is something very different in there. (different from the Apex mill). Also, if it really is a 4 cylinder why would it rev less RPM, than the current 4 cylinder. Just don't see how that is going to make any more power, then the current one at only spinning 10,000RPM, so this makes me believe it's only a 3 cylinder.
Really, why call it a game changer when it's still the same old motor bumped up 10more hp? Not much changed if that is the case. Power steering, not really that big of a game changer. I have changed my original thinking from a 4 cylinder to a 3 banger with a small Super Charger on it? 2lbs of boost...

SledFreak said:
87gtNOS said:

I'm starting to think this thing maybe a 3 cylnder Nytro motor bumped in hp. First take a good look at those pics, because the panels are wider, the christmas tree airbox sticks up farther. I believe their is something very different in there. Really, why call it a game changer when it's still the same old motor bumped up 10more hp? Not much changed if that is the case. What power sterring, not really that big of a game changer. 3 banger with a small Super Charger on it? 2lbs of boost...

i love it, all the speculation ;)! , watch there be something totally different, i'm happy with my Attak. It only took 4 years to get all the demons out of it

HONDAFIXER said:
You wonder if they got rid of the gear reduction for the clutch-that would lose some weight

It would spin higher RPM if they did with the current Apex 4 cylinder. Like I said, I'm starting to think it's a 3 cylinder...

SledFreak said:
HONDAFIXER said:
You wonder if they got rid of the gear reduction for the clutch-that would lose some weight

It would spin higher RPM if they did with the current Apex 4 cylinder. Like I said, I'm starting to think it's a 3 cylinder...
I thought I read somewhere that someone looked under the tunnel and saw a 4 into 2 header

HONDAFIXER said:
SledFreak said:
HONDAFIXER said:

I thought I read somewhere that someone looked under the tunnel and saw a 4 into 2 header

Really, I never read that anywhere...

Back