• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 RS Vector GT Reverse Gear troubles...

troverman

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 RS Vector GT
1999 Polaris XCSP 500
If I put my Vector GT into reverse, the beeper turns on but you just hear a whining noise like the gears are lightly grinding but not engaging. Sometimes pulling the gear lever slightly more, or just applying pressure causes reverse to engage, but if you don't hold the lever it will often pop out and you hear the whining sound again. Then, upon putting it back into forward drive, sometimes it stays in reverse.

I've tried to make slight adjustments to the linkage. Is there something I am missing, or is it just finding the sweet spot with the two linkage turnbuckle adjustments? These sleds are fairly heavy and a functioning reverse is nice.

You need to adjust your linkage. Do you have your owners manual? once you get to the spec in the manual it should work. If you dont have the manual try to shorten it a few MM or lengthen it a few MM until you find that spot.

I do have the manual; I've owned the sled since it had 42 miles on it. Does the manual detail the adjustment procedure? I don't recall that it did, but its been awhile since I've read it.

I do have the manual; I've owned the sled since it had 42 miles on it. Does the manual detail the adjustment procedure? I don't recall that it did, but its been awhile since I've read it.
Yes. Or go to this thread. Post number 10

Thanks. I'll spend some time trying to get this exactly right. It's easier to do now than right before when you want to take the sled out.

Back