• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Slowpoke

Enticer

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha LTXDX
I have a 2011 SE, no studs, totally stock, 1100 miles. After 70 mph, it just lays down and quits pulling on top end. On a 1/2 mile run its never hit 90 on the speedo. It engages at 3600, goes to about 10,000 and then creeps up to about 10,400 or 10,500. My dealer keeps telling me it needs 1500 to 2000 miles to get broke in. Does anyone know if this is true? Any suggestions or speed tips. Thanks, guys.

Make sure the exup valve is adjusted preoperly and is opening all the way.

Oooh yeah, your dealer must have forgotten to tell you: Yamaha made an executive decision about the 2011s. They figured that too many people were having fun on their sleds so they decided to bring the max speed on these new sleds down to about 90...Right below the "Woohoo!" threshold. They also figured this would stop the Cat-lovers from crying whenever an Apex blew by them on the trail.

Just think of your sled as a $15,000 action-packed kiddy ride and you'll start to love it!

Enticer said:
I have a 2011 SE, no studs, totally stock, 1100 miles. After 70 mph, it just lays down and quits pulling on top end. On a 1/2 mile run its never hit 90 on the speedo. It engages at 3600, goes to about 10,000 and then creeps up to about 10,400 or 10,500. My dealer keeps telling me it needs 1500 to 2000 miles to get broke in. Does anyone know if this is true? Any suggestions or speed tips. Thanks, guys.

No, depending on how hard you ran during break in, it should start to wake up at 500 miles. Should be able to exceed 100 mph in most decent conditions. One thing about the 2011 is that the speedo is only 1-2 mph off....unlike previos years. So the dream-o-meter is actually a reality-o-meter!

It,s junk, I,ll trade you strait up for a 2007 Apex Rtx that hauls. Let me know when and where you want to meet up to do the exchange. Seriously, if that is all it,ll do, take it back to the dealer you bought it from, and have them fix it. Those sleds are runners. Get her fixed and enjoy.

I;ll disagree...the exup sleds pull hard...harder than a modded previoius model...

fitst thing to do is check your belt...then ...most likely the exup is out of time....theres adjusting instructions in your manual I believe..or like said take her to the dealer ...

problem

I think you have a problem with your sled. I have an Se with now 1400 miles on and its a rocket....Ok, maybe not that fast but it runs up to 100 mph effortlessly, 10,800 rpm....check your track tension, don't want it too loose

Just witnessed a race between a 2007 stock apex and a 2011 stocker last weekend. Trust me when I tell you, the 2011 is significantly faster than previous model. It walked away from the 2007 after maybe 50 to 75 feet effortlessly.

Just got back from the local radar runs. 2000 feet.

2011 Apex stock 115mph.
Older Apex. Stock. Fastest one I seen there. 109mph
1200 Doo with header. 103mph
Yamacharged 06 Apex. 119mph
Turbo Cat's. High 120's.

RollRite said:
Do anybody have any info on how to adjust the exup valve.

isnt it in your manual...servo motor like the old srx...remove the seat and access panel id bet...spec for the cable pull...

you can prob get a copy of the spec and test...from your dealer ...their shop manual..

Back