• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Slowpoke

sx7001,

You indicated your EXUP was out of adjustment earlier in the season. Did you follow this procedure when adjusting yours? I noticed this was for a motorcycle. Did you have to make any adjustments at the valve on the exhaust, or was it all done at the servo?

Thanks,
Jon

ecopter said:
sx7001,

You indicated your EXUP was out of adjustment earlier in the season. Did you follow this procedure when adjusting yours? I noticed this was for a motorcycle. Did you have to make any adjustments at the valve on the exhaust, or was it all done at the servo?

Thanks,
Jon

My EXUP was advanced to far. You need to take the gas tank off to check it. I used the bike procedure but took all the cable slack out. The top pic shows what it should look like. Middle pic shows how far it was out.

Larry

Adjustments are done from the two adjusters by the servo motor. The Yamaha manual states it can be out by half of the boss hole. Mine was just past half. As for any performance change, not noticeable.

Larry

sleddog66 said:
Enticer said:
I have a 2011 SE, no studs, totally stock, 1100 miles. After 70 mph, it just lays down and quits pulling on top end. On a 1/2 mile run its never hit 90 on the speedo. It engages at 3600, goes to about 10,000 and then creeps up to about 10,400 or 10,500. My dealer keeps telling me it needs 1500 to 2000 miles to get broke in. Does anyone know if this is true? Any suggestions or speed tips. Thanks, guys.

No, depending on how hard you ran during break in, it should start to wake up at 500 miles. Should be able to exceed 100 mph in most decent conditions. One thing about the 2011 is that the speedo is only 1-2 mph off....unlike previos years. So the dream-o-meter is actually a reality-o-meter!
And what makes you believe the speedo is any more accurate than our 06-07 models,did they change the pod out,or speedo pickup,has anyone gps'ed or radared one to varify. All my apex/attaks have run near max speed within first 100 miles,if you loaded the rings for a proper break in,if it cant run past 90 mph you have a problem,check to see that your clutches are shifting fully,your rpms look ok,unless this new exhaust has something holding it back,it will not take 1500 miles to get full power,they are BS you.

I gpsed my 2011 apex xtx. The My speedo is out 2.5 mph at 110 mph.
My 07 attak was out......well a whole lot more.

Turk said:
Turk,what did they change to get them close,all others are out a #*$&@ load.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Turk said:
Turk,what did they change to get them close,all others are out a poop load.

He didn't change anything, Yamaha did. My 11 is bang on with Turk's.

sx7001 said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
Turk said:
Turk,what did they change to get them close,all others are out a poop load.

He didn't change anything, Yamaha did. My 11 is bang on with Turk's.
I dident ask what turk changed,but what yammi did,if the pod is the same,my guess is they changed the teeth on the speedo pickup gear,cause all we have to do,is grind down two teeth,and bang on too.

Sorry, could be the gear.

mnmsnowbeast said:
sleddog66 said:
Enticer said:
I have a 2011 SE, no studs, totally stock, 1100 miles. After 70 mph, it just lays down and quits pulling on top end. On a 1/2 mile run its never hit 90 on the speedo. It engages at 3600, goes to about 10,000 and then creeps up to about 10,400 or 10,500. My dealer keeps telling me it needs 1500 to 2000 miles to get broke in. Does anyone know if this is true? Any suggestions or speed tips. Thanks, guys.

No, depending on how hard you ran during break in, it should start to wake up at 500 miles. Should be able to exceed 100 mph in most decent conditions. One thing about the 2011 is that the speedo is only 1-2 mph off....unlike previos years. So the dream-o-meter is actually a reality-o-meter!
And what makes you believe the speedo is any more accurate than our 06-07 models,did they change the pod out,or speedo pickup,has anyone gps'ed or radared one to varify. All my apex/attaks have
run near max speed within first 100 miles,if you loaded the rings for a
proper break in,if it cant run past 90 mph you have a problem,check to see
that your clutches are shifting fully,your rpms look ok,unless this new
exhaust has something holding it back,it will not take 1500 miles to get full
power,they are BS you.

I have both, a 2011 apex XTX and a 07 attack......per GPS, the 2011 is about 2 percent off. The 07 is more like 10 percent off.

Hey sx...just another thought here. I know that getting crappy gas kills my performance as the knock srnsor cuts in. Maybe try some different fuel. I can really see a big diff when racing guys when my timing gets retarded when i get poor quality fuel. The big diff is mid & top end...cuts it down dramatically.

Turk said:
Hey sx...just another thought here. I know that getting crappy gas kills my performance as the knock srnsor cuts in. Maybe try some different fuel. I can really see a big diff when racing guys when my timing gets retarded when i get poor quality fuel. The big diff is mid & top end...cuts it down dramatically.

Turk, mine is running awesome. Just fine tuning the 2 speed weights now. I'm heading down to the radar run track in the morning to dial in the secondary. Once it's set I'm padlocking every facking panel and throwing away the key. LOL

Larry

Back