• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Slowpoke

sx7001 said:
Turk said:
Hey sx...just another thought here. I know that getting crappy gas kills my performance as the knock srnsor cuts in. Maybe try some different fuel. I can really see a big diff when racing guys when my timing gets retarded when i get poor quality fuel. The big diff is mid & top end...cuts it down dramatically.

Turk, mine is running awesome. Just fine tuning the 2 speed weights now. I'm heading down to the radar run track in the morning to dial in the secondary. Once it's set I'm padlocking every facking panel and throwing away the key. LOL

Larry
Is yamaha saying the new 2011 apex needs 91 octane or can we still run 87 like all older apexs.

If you look at the spec on the USA site it has regular unleaded for the 2011 Apex. Little sticker and owners manual up here in Canada states 91 OCT. I called my dealer out in Alberta and they are trying to get a answer from Y. I run 3 Fitch Fuel Catalysts in the tank which keeps the fuel stable.

Larry

Mine is no Slow Poke. :bling

5 lengths + vs my 06 Apex GT in 1000 feet. ;)!

4 lengths or so on a 2010 P Tek 800 in 1,000 feet. (':flag:')

Ski to Ski in 500' drags with a Big Bore SRX racer trailer sled and me with my luggage on and near full of fuel. LOL

Runs close to my old SC RX 1 up top.

She is fast and pretty quick as well.

I am very pleased with it. :Rockon:

Riceburner said:

Ski to Ski in 500' drags with a Big Bore SRX racer trailer sled and me with my luggage on and near full of fuel. LOL

I totally agree. The power is there. Stock this sled rocks. Spend a little time getting more to the track and you will be impressed. It's all in the primary clutch.

Riceburner said:

Anything done to your 06 Apex GT?

Larry,
Thanks for the adjusting tip. It went pretty easy. For anyone doing it, just be sure to disconnect the wire harness just under the dash panel; it connects to the gas tank.

jf

Back