• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 apex xtx gas can

kegaroony

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder STX DX
Just traded my 08 ltx in for 2012 xtx. Very excited about the changes. Was wondering though if anyone has been able to mount a gas can on the tunnel of the new style apex's? On my old ltx i was able to put the tip outs and mount a skidoo jerry can on the back tunnel with no problems. But looking at this new sled, exhause is more centred in the middle compared to old ones, and I'm thinking it's not gonna be possibe. Any ideas? And any other suggestions about the new style apex would be appreciated as well.

I looked an couldn't find a gas tank that would fit. I did however find a rear tunnel bag by Skins that works well - it is well secured and holds about as much stuff (perhaps a bit more) as the front nose bag in the pre 2011 Apex machines.

I saw some people talking about that in other topics, but Mr. Google failed for me in trying to find it. Anyone have a link for me? Tried putting on my saddle bags from my older apex, and first 5 minute ride melted the back straps. Guess there's new saddle bags for the newer models.

Try a Koplin I mounted one on my LTX. Check my posts for better pics. I had to strattle the back handle and the rear tunnel do to the location of the rear cooler.They are stack able for added fuel carring. I have the JR size 1.5 gallons. Should have more room on your XTX.

Attachments

• tn (1).jpg
    tn (1).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 139

Back