• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins Shocks on 2012 Apex XTX

cgwiz

Lifetime Member
Veemaks posted the availability of Ohlins shocks on new Apex TTX in scandinavia (ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=122258). Looked on the Yamaha European website & indeed there are 2014 models available with Ohlins. I have a 2008 Apex GT LTX 45th Anv. with Ohlins & love them. I want to upgrade my 2012 Apex XTX, but am having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to purchase these. I called Ohlins USA office (1-800-336-9029) a couple of times & left messages, but they would not call back. I'm wondering if anyone knows a contact number for a yamaha dealer overseas that would be able to ship them?

wanting a set as well. i would think later in the season they might be available thru Yamaha or Ohlins again.

cgwiz

X2!

I did also call at ohlins USA, left a msg and no one called me back.
I did look to multiple website and cant find the model. They are only motorcycle or motocross that they advertised.

Hope we will find someone who could give us help on this

The Öhlins used in the rear is YA954 and YA955. Haven't got an answer yet what part number the Öhlins TTX 36 used in the front have. They are however specifically calibrated for the scandinavian Apex TTX (Apex XTX w Öhlins).

By the way Öhlins YA560 is used in the front of the old Apex, however those are not the same dampers as the Öhlins TTX 36 used now in the scandinavian Apex TTX.

The TTX damper has both compression and rebound control.

ttx.jpg

Thx Veemaks!

Now I just have to figure out who I can talk to for making the right calibration for the APEX XTX 144'' factory in the US track.
Do you think theres a way of calling Yamaha or ohlins in Sweden for asking the question?

Thanks Again

Marty

Thx Veemaks!

Now I just have to figure out who I can talk to for making the right calibration for the APEX XTX 144'' factory in the US track.
Do you think theres a way of calling Yamaha or ohlins in Sweden for asking the question?

Thanks Again

Marty

Try contacting öhlins in Sweden. Yamaha Scandinavia must have made a specific deal with them regarding both the Apex and Nytro TTX since the shocks are fitted at the dealers and not in factory.

Contact details:
info@ohlins.se
phone: +46 8 590 025 00

THX again Veemaks I really appreciate your help!

Ill give them a call tomorrow morning because I have 6 hours of lag between Sweden and Canada.
Ill keep you posted

;)!;)!;)!

Thanks for your reply Veemaks.

Yes I have seen those on the site, they are really nice!!. I have spoken directly with a ohlins employee from Sweden and they cant help me with the set up suspension. I have a contact email that I wrote too but I haven't received a response yet..

Ill keep you posted with more info if I get an answer.

Im starting to look at the Elka shocks, they are pretty crazy and seem like a very good quality

I have heard Elka should be good, not widely used in Sweden though. A new Swedish shock manufacturer has started some time ago called ASA Suspension. Their shocks have been used by riders in the World Championships in sno-cross. The shock is automatically setting compression and rebound depending on the force applied, as I have understood. Also, although used in racing the ASA shock does not need to be rebuilt or have oil changes for at least 3 years (according to ASA).

n1s.jpg

anyone get any results on this?

Back