• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 vector ltx belt burning question

rtx15

First off i had the dealer change out the clutch, it was burning the belt at idle and not engageing until 5000 rpm sometimes, 1 in 3. Now with the new clutch it is burning belt again and having problems from fwd to reverse and back. It also doesnt like climbing small hills from a standstill when it does engage, has a nice belt smell. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas that i can bring to the dealer for a fix? Or if it is easy how can i fix it?

Thanks

Could be that the belt deflection isn't correct causing the belt to be pinched at idle and not starting out in the lowest gear ratio possible making it hard to travel up a hill from a stop. Just a guess on my part, maybe someone else will chime in.

Chester

x2 check belt deflection also how high is the belt riding in the sec. clutch and check center to center.

Back