• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 venture fuel fliter

ski332

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 venture
Looking for some info on where the fuel filter for my 2013 venture is located Any help would be appeciated Sled will only run with choke partly on I am hoping the fuel filter is the problem

Just an fyi for questions like this, I always reference the Yamaha microfiche on Port Yamaha/Artic Cat's website but I'm sure there are others:

VentureFuel.JPG

To answer your question, it appears they are still located in the fuel tank like they were on my RX-1. You can fish them out but there isn't much slack in the hose when doing so. When I did mine with 11,000mi. the one fuel filter literally feel apart in my hand.

I would bet LARGE sums of money the fuel filter has nothing to do with it, you need to clean your carbs. Those three holers have extremely tiny pilot jets that are very prone to being blocked/plugged if the carbs are not drained before storage. Even then, they can still give you trouble the following season…….again, clean your carbs.

Running only on choke? Yeah :carbs:

Wouldn't his 2013 Venture be fuel injected? I still own an RX-1 and know all to well about that emoji but my fuel injected Apex's do not require the same in-depth maintenance.

If he needs to choke the sled to keep it running it’s obviously the carbed 973 three holer, not the 1049 fuelie, that’s the only reason I knew which RS Venture he was asking about.

These guys are right. About your carbs. However I would try K100. Fuel treatment. I know Mechanic in a bottle. Lol. I learned about this. From Snowtech Magazine. They used to be about Starbrite. I tried this K100 in my snow blower. And now I do not have to partially apply the choke. After it is warm to keep it running at full rpm. I know everything there is to know about carbs. I have overhauled hundreds of them on cars and trucks.Not bragging. It is how I used to make a living. And of course many of my toys over the years. But I am now a lazy old man and this stuff works. It worked in my John Deere Garden Tractor as well. After my Wife ran it out of gas. It started running only with the choke on. I changed the fuel Filter. It did not help. Then out of desperation. I had no interest in pulling the fuel tank out to clean it. Because it was obvious to me that I was not getting enough flow to the filter. I put 4 ounces of K100. In the tank. Did a few laps around the house. With the choke on and off. And lo and behold. It was fine.Somehow amazingly this treatment removes the varnish left behind by todays crappy Ethanol fuels. I did not believe it would fix my snowblower. But felt it was worth a try. Might be worth your while to try it. I found it at Napa Auto Parts. Multiple locations. I keep it on hand at all times now. My Yamaha sleds do not have carbs. I almost forgot. Recently it fixed my 2 stroke Leaf Blower as well. Results may vary. Lol!

Last edited:

Back