• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 LTX Se or XTX Se?

Just a Poll here but are you guys that are not happy with your Fox Floats Trail riders or Off trail riders ??

My Vote is:

I like the Fox Floats and I ride off trail .

Well when I am in deep snow the shocks could be made out of silly putty its on the trail where you know if they work or not.

I am very happy with my floats in the Apex SE. I ride more groomed trail than anything else and I'll add that I have ridden the coil over 128 Apexes and don't find them to ride as nice. That being said, I purchased the Viper LTX SE based on my experience with the Apex. The Floats are very sensitive to air pressure so you need to get them right for you setup and weight. Don't forget to set your air pressure when the shocks are cold. I think the guys reporting the air pressure to be constantly changing must be setting them in the heated shop and then going out and checking them on the trail at 0-10 deg ? The pressures on my 3 floats in the Apex don't change at all. I hope I'm happy with them on the Viper or I'll be giving Hygear a call.

I have never felt a "noticeable" difference with temperature on the floats. However I do agree that temperature will change the air pressure but is that something that noticeable when you ride or just something that scientifically measurable? I also ride close to a 50 degree difference some times and never readjust the shocks for temp.

You suppose to set the air pressure when the shock is at the temperature you ride at according to Fox. Well I can tell you I don't do that lol. When my sled is not having fun in the snow it lives in a heated 65 degree garage and thats where I adjust or check air pressure . Yes thats wrong if you follow Fox's directions but it works for me and I never take the air pump riding anyways .
Dialing them in is just a matter of setting the air pressure and once you have it where your happy then there is not much to do other then maybe check it from time to time.

Has anyone tried dialling in their floats to where they think (this is perfect) check pressure and then dump the air and put in Nytrogen.
It works in tires why not shocks, Nytrogen is unaffected by temperature change.

A
Amen brother!!!

The reason there's so much chatter about this stuff is that most of us are itching for a ride and have to be talking sleds to keep our mind content while waiting for that first squeeze of the flipper!!!
Yeeeee haaawwww!!!!!!

You 1000% right we should be riding not wasting time sitting in front of a computer.

Has anyone tried dialling in their floats to where they think (this is perfect) check pressure and then dump the air and put in Nytrogen.
It works in tires why not shocks, Nytrogen is unaffected by temperature change.
I would like to know if this work

I bought Hygear's Dual Pressure Kit but there was a leak so Dale had me send my shocks to him so he can fix. He said he was going to fill will nitrogen so I guess I will find out.

I would like to know if this work

Yes it will but when I am dialed in for fast tiht twisties I run them different than when trails are rutted and junk - Carrying a nitrogen bottle is out of the question.

Well I took your advice and went out riding on mine last night and it is a different sled with the Axis coil over shocks on it!!!!!! I was jumping road approaches like I do on my Pro R800. The tail is very easy on my back an lands like a pillow.

I plan to do it on my sled this winter.
There have been problems with floats freezing in my part of the world.
This seems to be from playing with air pressure with the hand pump and putting moisture into the shock.
Nitrogen is dry and unaffected by temperature .
I think Fox floats are a better shock than their reputation.

Back