• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

Man, sure a lot of griping but I'm super pumped about the Viper XTX LE. Trying to sell the Nytro now so I can snow check one. Thought about it last year but I like the idea of waiting for 2nd year release to work any bugs.

dboe03 said:
Man, sure a lot of griping but I'm super pumped about the Viper XTX LE. Trying to sell the Nytro now so I can snow check one. Thought about it last year but I like the idea of waiting for 2nd year release to work any bugs.

I also like that sled but wish there was a Cobra 1.6 track option... :o|

Im intrested to se where arctic takes this relationship... Yamaha got an extended use of the chassie arctic got??

sheetwright said:
Yammerhead said:
Sasquatch said:
scott32 said:
All anybody can really say about a Yamaha is, "I love my Yamaha motor".

If you still have a true Yamaha heart. Pull the plug and get them off the life support, cause they are not gonna wake up!!! Buy Arctic Cat and end this misery. You will still get your Yamaha motor.

Who will you support, the innovative company,Arctic Cat!! Or forever falling asleep at the wheel,Yamaha:(

I love my Yamaha! The Skid is exellent! The front end works great and has no slop in 4,000 miles! The power steering is awesome! The handling is great! The heaters are hot! Everything just works! Best trail sled ever and with the 144 it will float off trail as a bonus!

I would buy a Doo over a Cat if Yami ever closes shop. I do not see a Catamaha in my future but an Apex powered Cat would be interesting if they can make it breath.

Sure am glad I bought my XTX its everything I want in a sled!

They make the best sled for you, which equates to 5% of the market and that's the market share they command. For the rest of us who don't want a big high power luxo cruiser trail sled, we are out of luck.

Reminds me of a lot of Cat guys I know who miss, and wish they still made the old F7 chasis. Complaining that the new sno pro style doesn't squat, or corner like the old sleds where you could just sit back and ride. The one thing is they are forgetting about kidney belts, and spine busters on those late afternoon, and evening trails on those old rides,. All where the new suspensions shine

Not sure if this was aimed at me or not. But you analogy seems to imply that the 11 Apex is an old sled. Far from it. It is probably the best trail sled out there. No need for kidney belts and spine buster its not.

I think a big problem is we live in a world that is based on change. We like change for changes sake. We want something different because we have been programed for it. We don't want to ride something that looks old. Doo changes the seating style and it worked so others followed. Now that style is getting as old as the tail draggers it replaced.

My 2011 sled is so far away from the 03 to 05 sleds and a huge refinement from the Apexes that followed. But alas it kinda looks alot like the old sleds. I always hear its a 10 year old chassis time to change it. They did, they built a Nytro and everyone kept complaining. Coldest damn body style as well.

Cat had to have electric reverse to keep up Doo and Poo. Jumping out of gear at 80mph is so much fun and hard on gears. Great exercise in new. No I do not want to be a Catamaha rider. I think my Apex is a very well refined sled and like all the half tons on the road that are based on a very old design they are filled with new tech and comfort that make them nothing at all like the old trucks they replace.

When Yamaha comes up with something better then my Apex I will move on to it. For now a Catamaha is not it. Its a cobbled together machine. The motor was put in a chassis that it was not designed for. If it had been it would sit 3 inches lower at least. Its a back yard motor swap plain and simple.

As has been said Cat is being used to clear inventory. I rather doubt that Yami is done. What the future holds for Yami I don't know but the next generation of sleds will be built with the frame designed for the motor. Whether they are Catamahas or Yamahas time will tell!

Thankfully I have the perfect sled for me right now and will have it for many years to come while Yamaha goes in whatever direction it needs to. Giving me plenty of time to figure out my next move. For now I know hands down its not a Viper!

snobill said:
soldi said:
Im intrested to se where arctic takes this relationship... Yamaha got an extended use of the chassie arctic got??

One of the best snomobile motors built .

:) shareholders need more sales better profits, their financial report says overhead has been lowered by Yamaha cooperation so it's obviouse both parties believe they increase company value over time by allowing Yamaha the use of the mountain setups for this year even though it decreases overhead on even more built sleds at trf for my2015. it's obviouse the arctic end of the deal must have been considered worth it and worth an equal value as to what Yamaha got..

Ether Yamaha gave arctic clutching
Or exclusive rights for factory turboed 3stroke (Yamaha still through mpi)
Apex engine
Other patents

What I was getting at is, it seems as if most brands minus the 1200 doo, have gotten away from producing sit down sleds. Right or wrong it seems to be that way. Trust me 50% of the time I miss my apex. Went to look at an eps hold over yesterday. The majority seems to get the nod with change even if there is a smaller demanding market for a vector/apex body style. Some guys no matter what brand like to be lower in stance, squat, corner and go. Now that polaris, most ski doos, and cats are going rider forward and taller Yamaha seems to want to follow. Also follow in stream lining their sled chassis and body's to create a savings or profit (however you look at that coin).

Here's what I was getting at. I finally gave up playing the waiting game. My first non-Yamaha I've owned. My next purchase will likely be a non-Yamaha fanner for my daughter to learn and gain confidence on.

Yammerhead said:
Here's what I was getting at. I finally gave up playing the waiting game. My first non-Yamaha I've owned. My next purchase will likely be a non-Yamaha fanner for my daughter to learn and gain confidence on.

I picked up a new 2014 Ski-Doo Summit X and I love that sled, Im coming of the Phazer MTX so perhaps not a good comparisson but Yamaha needs to bring their A game to get me back (witch I would love if they did)

Yammerhead said:

Did the same thing. Ditched the 2 nytros for a pair of 600 Pro. Night & day difference. Only way it could / would be better if the 2 s was a 4 stroke close in weight. Unbelievable how easy it is to lay it on its side and side hill. Wake up Yamaha, chassis design and layout is not rocket science. The pro chassis is so much more predictable and waaaayyyy less tiring to ride than the nytro. I went with the 600 as it appears to have a solid rep for 2stroke compared to the 800.

sheetwright said:
What I was getting at is, it seems as if most brands minus the 1200 doo, have gotten away from producing sit down sleds. Right or wrong it seems to be that way. Trust me 50% of the time I miss my apex. Went to look at an eps hold over yesterday. The majority seems to get the nod with change even if there is a smaller demanding market for a vector/apex body style. Some guys no matter what brand like to be lower in stance, squat, corner and go. Now that polaris, most ski doos, and cats are going rider forward and taller Yamaha seems to want to follow. Also follow in stream lining their sled chassis and body's to create a savings or profit (however you look at that coin).

Unless, the ski-doo said is a utility sled, they are all rider forward, including the 1200. The chassis is the same for the etec and the 1200. Just different plastic. Ride height is the same and in the same position.

Several buddies of mine are up country right now with their BCXs' and RMK sleds. Awesome day for it here in Maine. I am a trail rider but it sure does look like fun climbing those chutes.

Back