• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016-2017 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
May I present for your enjoyment: The 2017 Snowmobile Season! lol

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 1

Video Description: Getting the sleds out from storage after the first snowfall of the year, showing the mileage on the two 2015 Backcountry 600's and the 2009 FX Nytro, a tragically warm start to winter melts our snow preventing us from riding yet, the newest Backcountry requires a couple of warranty campaigns, an update/review on my Outdoor Research Alti Mitts

Enjoy!

YK

Next up: 2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 2: Pull-aris?

Video Description: A quick but in-depth introduction of Doug, the first ride of the season kicks off with Nate, Darcy and Doug with barely enough snow to ride, measuring the ice thickness, the usual stop at Dome Lake Camp used for building the ice roads, Darcy has issues with his Switchback Adventure, Doug talks about my Viper and the mileage levels of his three 600 E-TEC's then has some political commentary, then the Polaris issues continue.

Cheers,

YK

Your drill goes through ice way faster than mine and I think it is the bit. So for anyone who might care ship augers clog and it looks like a spade is the way to go. Did you grind off the shoulders behind the point? I'm off to CT next week to get one of those for myself.

Thanks for the video, keep safe and have a good Christmas.
If you get a chance check out the Estonians carving on MP's as seen on YouTube. That should inspire Greg and Jay.

Your drill goes through ice way faster than mine and I think it is the bit. So for anyone who might care ship augers clog and it looks like a spade is the way to go. Did you grind off the shoulders behind the point? I'm off to CT next week to get one of those for myself.

Thanks for the video, keep safe and have a good Christmas.
If you get a chance check out the Estonians carving on MP's as seen on YouTube. That should inspire Greg and Jay.

I have to keep pulling the bit out of the ice during drilling to clear the snow, it probably looks like it works better than it does. Slushy ice has worse performance as well. There's ice bits that you can get with an auger style end on them that I might pick up. The bit i'm using hasn't been modified at all. I'll check out the carving! Happy New Year!!

Next Vid is ready after a small xmas break from editing:

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 4: Mr. Martin

Video Description: We load up sleds on Doug's trailer with Bearcat Cameron, Doug and I head out to the cabin on questionable ice, footage of a porcupine along the way, firing up Doug's generator after a few months of sitting, whiskey jack's feasting, showing the above normal temperature on the thermometer, riding around parts of the lake, checking out the dam and a resident Otter, and a special visitor comes to the cabin by the name of Steve Martin

Cheers,

YK

Next episode is here! Thanks in advance for watching!!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 5: Thin Ice

Video Description: The remaining footage of Steve Martin, ice fishing with Doug, exploring the shoreline by the river, spotting some fish in the river and trying to catch them, more ice fishing, the uneasy ride home, another weekend adventure to the cabin with Doug, Nate and Brayden, Doug has a minor sled malfunction, preparing for more ice fishing, setting the lines, Doug shows off my toque courtesy of Alex, Nate talks about his new snowmobile suit purchase, horsing around on slippery ice, and a preview of the next episode with Bearcat Cameron

Cheers,

YK

Next!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 6: Cabin Antics

Video Description: A weekend of antics at the cabin starting with spin-outs on slippery ice, recording the top speed of Nate's 800 XRS, imprinting our names on the ice in the snow, riding in the boggan, Nate fighting low snow conditions, picking up Bearcat Cameron & Andrew at the launch point, Greg rolls his Yamaha while unloading it from the trailer, opening a wine bottle with a drill, Bearcat Cameron drinks too fast, a combination of propane tanks and firearms at 300 frames per second, catching some fish, catching some z's, horsing around the next day and the ride home.

Cheers

YK

Here's the next one;

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 7

Video Description: The start of our biggest weekend trip of the year so far, the ride out with a flipped boggan and a malfunctioning secondary clutch, arriving at the cabin to find the wood stove chimney damaged, playing with a unique firearm, Doug making supper, a view of the inside of the cabin and a preview of the next episode

Cheers,

YK

The saga of adventure continues...

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 9: Cold Argo

Video Description: Preparing for our first trip of the season to Hearne Lake Lodge as we attempt to bring an Argo in for Ken and Edie on the coldest day of the winter so far, we have Argo troubles and I struggle with my Ski-doo Saddlebags, the adventure into the lodge and our first of two suppersies after arriving.

Cheers,

YK

Pretty minor I'd say. Been through much, much worse, on Yamaha's lol

Oh I'm not saying anything about your Yammy problems! LOL!!! I'm not brand biased in any way. What was that yellow warning light all about? You were cruising along and mentioned it but there was no follow-up that I saw on the video. You are usually VERY GOOD about this kind of stuff.

Oh I'm not saying anything about your Yammy problems! LOL!!! I'm not brand biased in any way. What was that yellow warning light all about? You were cruising along and mentioned it but there was no follow-up that I saw on the video. You are usually VERY GOOD about this kind of stuff.

Hmmm... that light would have been in December, but it hasn't come on again since, and the sled hasn't needed servicing so the code hasn't been read yet to find out what it was. To be determined haha

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 10: Burnt Trails

Video Description: Continuing footage from Hearne Lake Lodge with Doug, starting the 600 E-TEC's at -29 C, filming the device (Webasto Heater) Doug uses to start his diesel truck in the cold without being plugged in, killing time at the nearby rapids while the truck engine heats up, firing up the truck afterwards, breaking trail the next day between Jennejohn and Reid Lake, encountering more burned trails and clearing the route, and modifying my BRP Saddlebags so that they fit more easily into the Linq mounts.

Cheers,

YK

Back