• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016-2017 Yellowknife Mileage Log

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 25: Blow Ups

Video Description: Bearcat Cameron horses around with a bear banger, I attempt a couple of top speed runs with the 850 E-TEC on the ice road, white out conditions at the lodge cutting my test ride short, an update on the Yamaha Outlast Snowmobile Pants, a day trip out to Jennejohn, our first engine failure of the season, and preparations begin for a one week snowmobile trip above the tree line.

Cheers,

YK

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 26: Day 1 Great Slave Lake

Video Description: The start of our one week adventure en route to Artillery Lake, NWT above the tree line. We depart Yellowknife with some minor overheating issues, I make my first mistake crossing a pressure ridge, continuing across more pressure ridges, encountering an air hole in the ice, refuelling, arriving at our first overnight location, Doug has his first mishap, and a tour of our sleeping quarters for the night.

Cheers,

YK

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 27: Day 2 McLeod Bay

Video Description: Waking up on day number two of our trip, the mileage stats from day number one, checking out more of Plummers Great Slave Lake Lodge, departing onto McLeod Bay and encountering more pressure ridges and navigating our longest pressure ridge yet, arriving at the Hoarfrost River to refuel, Dave takes off in his Bush Hawk XP on skis, unexpectedly spending the night and visiting the Hoarfrost River Huskies/Dog Teams.

Cheers,

YK

Still watching all your fun Yellowknife. Looks like you were right about the 850.

I hear it'll be better this year? We'll find out with Nate's ;-)

Next! The fun doesn't stop, at least not yet...

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 28: Day 3 French Lake Muskox

Video Description: Morning time on Day 3 of the trip at the Hoarfrost River, navigating more pressure ridges and changing ice conditions, climbing up Pike's Portage on the sleds with our heavy boggans, arrival and setup of our temporary camp and wall tent, a squirrel trap on the sled seat, a close encounter with a furry beast, riding back to Great Slave Lake without the boggan for fun, Doug's boggan hitch has a mishap, the boggan attacks Doug, completed setup inside the wall tent, using the Backcountry to charge my devices, then movies and snacks before bed

Cheers,

YK

Next one is here!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 29: Day 4 Artillery Lake

Video Description: Waking up on day number 4 of the trip, my final comments on the Yamaha Outlast Ski Pants after 4 years of use, riding north of the tree line, navigating some overflow/slush, stopping in at Tinder Bay on Artillery Lake, stopping in at Roger Catling's shack, running into a Canadian Ranger by the name of Ernest Boucher, arriving at the northern tip of Artillery Lake, playing on the hills at the end of the lake, the ride back to base camp and arrival for the night

Cheers!

YK

Thanks Allan I really enjoy these. You are still putting out last years videos and it's probably getting time to start riding again up where you live. Hope you and the crew has a great and safe season this year. Cheers!

Thanks Allan I really enjoy these. You are still putting out last years videos and it's probably getting time to start riding again up where you live. Hope you and the crew has a great and safe season this year. Cheers!

Yeah we've been riding since Nov 14 but we are lacking snow. Hope you have a great season too!! Cheers!

Next one is up!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 30: Day 5 Charlton Bay

Video Description: Getting geared up for day number five, I get unexpected air in flat lighting, stopping at Roger Catling's place for a visit, exploring abandoned buildings and equipment in Fort Reliance, riding by Trophy Lodge (unaware of name at time of edit), and exploring some older log cabins

Cheers,

YK

I love that ominous 'click, no start' at the end of the vid. Don't make me wait 6 weeks to find out what F'd up next. Your pain makes my miserable existance bearable. Thanks for the vid Allan.

None of the videos work whats going on Yellowknife?

Sorry guys - I've been having some issues with trolls causing trouble for me online. I'm working on getting some of the older videos back up. In the meantime I do have the next one finally.

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 32: Day 6 & 7: Bad to Worse

Video Description: The last two days of our ride home and all of the adventure that came with it.

Cheers,

YK

Back