• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 apex xtx ?

YAMABOY

Hi looking to buy a 2016 apex xtx with the 175 lug tack,up grading from a 2007 attak ,anyone have or
ride one looking for any thoughts.

That 2016 Apex XTX SS rear shock is very harsh! I understand Yamaha is looking at that thru Kip at Pat's....not sure of the answer but good to hear Yamaha is working on that. If you are a big heavy guy it may not be a problem but I'm 220lbs and too harsh for me....thought CK was better than SS, mono better than CK...imo.

Hi looking to buy a 2016 apex xtx with the 175 lug tack,up grading from a 2007 attak ,anyone have or

mine rode much better in the 170 PSI range

Happy with mine so far. Love the 1.75" track. The rear shock does take some set up..

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
88637336248b5269ee3b04edd7049bb1.jpg

Someone had mentioned a safety concern using only 1 rear shock with no spring. Basically if it goes out and you are 150 miles out, you are screwed. Sorry, I am not an expert on the subject however and don't really know the details of the problem.

That 2016 Apex XTX SS rear shock is very harsh! I understand Yamaha is looking at that thru Kip at Pat's....not sure of the answer but good to hear Yamaha is working on that. If you are a big heavy guy it may not be a problem but I'm 220lbs and too harsh for me....thought CK was better than SS, mono better than CK...imo.
Might be perfect for me then!

Yes, I was very relieved I could still drive it. I think you will be impressed with the cornering of the longer track and the new skid.

Back