• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RS Vector snowmobile stalling problems

mitchellorr

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
I have a 2016 Rs vector in which when I start it will idle absolutely fine for about 10 seconds and then the idle will kick down till like 700 RPM and then die. Upon trying to start it back up it will have a trouble starting unless I give it a little bit of throttle and then it will fire back up (no throttle now) and it will idle normal and then about 10 seconds later kick right back down to low idle and stall. Even after the sled is warmed up it will do this. Cruising down the trail about 60mph (running fine) if I abruptly let off the throttle it will come to a stop and then stall. It will start right back up normally but if I give gas and suddenly let off (usually) it will not idle unless I give a little throttle.

that is pretty low but the 3 hole motors are known to need the valve shims done sooner than the interval in some cases.

Pull the valve cover and check valve lash.
Had mine done between 6000-7000 miles.
Was acting up for a year before I had the valve lash adjusted.
Runs and starts great again!

Back