• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'16 Vector XTX idle problem

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
My dad's '16 Vector XTX does not want to start or idle when it cold. It acts like an old carb engine where you have to play with the throttle and keep rpms up for a while. If it does stall it does not want to start, catching and stalling repeatedly. When it does fire up again the rpms fluctuate/surge +/- 500rpm for 10 seconds as you are playing with the throttle. Only codes it throw is F0001 and occasionally F0004 which just look to be low fuel.

My 09 Nytro has an idle speed control, but I wasn't sure with his electronic throttle if the computer just controls that.

Same throttle body/ISC setup as your Nytro.

I have the 16 with electronic throttle and have cold start idle issues also.
It will start and idle fine then idle down and engine will stall. Have to give it some throttle to start and keep running.
This is during the warm up process.
One up to operating temp ot seems to idle fine.
I dont see a idle air control solenoid on the throttle body assy.
Is the idle controlled by the electronic throttle?
Tried new plugs and fuel is not an issue.
Compression test is good on all 3 cylinders.
Has about 6500 miles on it.

My dad's '16 Vector XTX does not want to start or idle when it cold. It acts like an old carb engine where you have to play with the throttle and keep rpms up for a while. If it does stall it does not want to start, catching and stalling repeatedly. When it does fire up again the rpms fluctuate/surge +/- 500rpm for 10 seconds as you are playing with the throttle. Only codes it throw is F0001 and occasionally F0004 which just look to be low fuel.

My 09 Nytro has an idle speed control, but I wasn't sure with his electronic throttle if the computer just controls that.
Did you find the issue?

I have the same sled same fluctuating ISC issue when cold. Did you figure it out?

Back