• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 XTX rear cross shaft

gpxsrx

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
way to many 2 strokes
Working on a 2016 XTX 141 uncoupled rear skid. Rear cross shaft snap ring popped out of position and upper idler wheel basically moved over to rear mount and cut the wheel thin like it was done on a lathe. Shaft is junk now .
Do you see any issues if I get a new shaft made eliminating the snap ring design and use aluminium spacer to take up the gap from outside idler wheel to rear skid mount ? Thoughts ? Thanks Bruce

714471BD-39AA-4E4C-9092-4F4AB2417D1B.jpeg
Picture of cross shaft

IF just the snap ring groove is what is damaged then you wouldn't really need to even make a new shaft. Just install spacers as you mentioned.

IF just the snap ring groove is what is damaged then you wouldn't really need to even make a new shaft. Just install spacers as you mentioned.
Thanks Travis that’s what I did.

Had this happen on my mtx last season, the stock snap rings are junk, I got 2 good automotive snap rings the same size and used those instead. Works much better.

Back