• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017-8 vs 2019 and up handlebars controls

1049triple

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2025 SRX (on order)
2018 High Country 9000
2001 SRX 700
Anyone know how difficult is to switch from a 2018 style handle bars controls to a 2019 and up? (Throttle, emergency stop, lights, warmers, reverse...)
I am looking to do that swap but if someone told me it is very complicated because of different wiring modifications, etc, I might forgot the idea.
I can probably find all that stuff at a local wrecking yard.
Thank you!

19 is same as 17 and 18
19 got the start button/ reverse upgrade

hated it on my wife’s sled now on my 22 I’m getting used to it and it’s a nice upgrade.

I’d be interested in the answer to your question as I still have my 17 and an 18 MTX

Hopefully someone has done it

The throttle is also different (a bit smaller) on the 2019+. I found on my 2018 that I used to drive with the hands not completely closed around the handle bars to be comfortable with the throttle. And that make my hand getting cold more easily.

The controls would be nice for sure, but the new brake /lever is what I currently looking at switching over. I can't get over how much nicer it is on the 2020+

My freind have a 2019 xtx se and he have de new controls like the 2020. He is all original.

Back