• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 rs venture tf

papa

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 apex xtx
hi up here in n.b. i have a 2018 rs venture tf and when you start it when it is cold it does not want to stay running unless you play with the throttle but once it gets warmed up its ok should also say when it stalls when it is cold you have to give it some throttle for it to start or it just kicks changed the spark plugs today same thing put 110 miles on it on sunday stalled once at a stop sign but started right up worked great all day it has been doing this for the last 2 weeks any ideas

sounding like iac might be plugged. no other issues? how many miles/km on the sled.

the sled has 12000 kilometers on it the dealership in fredericton said to clean the idle control valve as i did that tonight but is still the same the sled is my brothers and the vavle looked clean when i took it apart but i cleaned it anyway stumped.

have you ever run seafoam in the sled? might have some sticky injectors.

something else to try would be start the sled with the belt off when cold to see if the clutch is sticking. if it starts up with belt off without needing to play with the throttle, odds are that is the issue.

have you ever run seafoam in the sled? might have some sticky injectors.

something else to try would be start the sled with the belt off when cold to see if the clutch is sticking. if it starts up with belt off without needing to play with the throttle, odds are that is the issue.
when i said i cleaned the idle control valve i cleaned the throttle positioning sensor as the dealer told me that was it found out later he was the service manager and the next time i called i got to talk to a mechanic and he said it was on top of the fuel injection system and then added that is where it is located on the sidewinders but it is not on this do you no where it is located also we put a bottle of sea foam in it thursday and put 60 miles on it but have not tried to start it today yet as another dealer said to try seafoam as it worked on the apexs over the years sidewinders are 999 cc as the venture is 1049 cc 2 different motors maybe it is in a different spot because it is not on top by the injector on the clutch side as the mechanic told me thanks

Back