• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 JT rear wheel kit

This was Yamaha specs on Delta platform. Did they changed it for Procross to be tighter to match your findings? On Apex 136" it used to be tighter than most wanted to but I always found it spot on. (I don't use studs).

TD recommends the track be tight to the rails when sled is in the air.. 200 + HP.. Need to run them tight if your racing or radar running.. Trail riding maybe not as tight, but its like asking what oil is best. Everyone has a opinion and used to running them a certain way.. I do know I run mine tighter(trail riding) then I did on other sleds in the past..

I use too run my track to P efi specs of 1/2” but now with JT’s kit I had to tighten it to 1/4” gap between slider and track.

I had the same problem. It was way too close for my comfort. Ended up taking it out and going with BOP solid rear axle. Bad design IMO.
What problem did you have and what was a bad design? You got me confused lol..

I have same kit in my 20 T-Cat, about 3/8” clearance, check out TD’s track tension guide, they call for a real tight track

This is from TD's 998 Performance Guide (on their website) regarding track tension (re-flashed/boosted engines):

"- Make sure you have a tight track (must not hang at all when lifted off ground, must be hard to push off the front bogey wheel). It is highly preferable to have a 4 wheel kit upgrade to maintain reliable track tension especially when running high power and or fast speed. Running a loose track will rob lots of top speed (as track balloons from centrifugal forces). Also loose track can cause ratcheting of track drivers which will damage them and or the track. Radar running require a VERY tight track as high speed cause expansion."

I have to run the track very tight or my studs will hit the front heat exchanger on top speed pulls. It is surprising how far the track balloons at high speeds. A lot of people wrongly assumed that once sleds came equipped with combination drivers, that they could leave the track loose.

The bad design is to big wheels. Why bigger than stock wheels?
Well he wasn’t clear on what the problem was.
Stock wheels are 8” and JT wheels are 8.2” for the 20 + models, only reason mine was a tight fit is because of the DuPont sliders are thicker than the stock sliders and take up some slack from the track.

dont run the shaft and you will have alot more fun trust me.... on the rolling hills on trail they are more dangerous than helpfull... as you come over a rolling hill at high speed and catch some air, when the rear of the track lands first it bottoms on those couplers and then sucks the front of the track up as well SLAMMING your ski's down!! and if your comming into another roller right after the first one... its not fun on the wrists .... sooo much more fun when you can keep on the throttle and go through the rollers ski's dangling!!! PLUS ... itll feekl like you have 50more ponies under hood.

Back