• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

JT Big wheel kit?

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
This weekend my yamaha 4th wheel kit came loose taking the right hand side track tensioner and center axle out with it. I was able to jury rig a fix to limp the sled home but need to replace pretty much the entire right hand side of the assembly. I am thinking about just going to the JT wheel kit instead as it seems to be a higher quality setup (Two other sleds in my group are using it and they seem to be holding up much better). Does anyone know if it comes with the tensioner guides etc to mount to the rails or do I need to purchase those separately?

I assume you mean the part that the long bolt goes through that then pushes on the rear axle(adjust track tension). JT kits do not come with those. The kit consists of 4 wheels and an axle and spacers, depending on model year your installing in into.

I assume you mean the part that the long bolt goes through that then pushes on the rear axle(adjust track tension). JT kits do not come with those. The kit consists of 4 wheels and an axle and spacers, depending on model year your installing in into.

I still have the aluminum retainer and nut. The bolt itself broke in half and everything behind is trashed, including the guides that the axle rested on.

I still have the aluminum retainer and nut. The bolt itself broke in half and everything behind is trashed, including the guides that the axle rested on.
Give him a call or email and let him know what model and year you have. Maybe what parts you need also. .. What you see on his site(some pics) is what you will get as far as the kit goes .. Just be sure to order the right kit as they changed some from year to year.. Good product, been running his for well over 30K miles on current and previous sleds..

J&Ts are pretty darn nice too. At least on the 2019 and up version.

View attachment 150990

one of the reasons I bought this new forth wheel kit this year heard a lot of people cracking them.
5fc28c80-55be-41d7-ba5c-f384faf13d3c-jpeg.150990

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/track-adjusters.158581/

Isn't this the upgraded J&Ts with tensioner moved on the outside of rail?

The upgrade they did to MY19+ seems to work since I hardly find any post about failures on them. Unless most upgrade too 4th wheel OEM kit and don't hear about any issues due to bigger shaft.

This weekend my yamaha 4th wheel kit came loose taking the right hand side track tensioner and center axle out with it. I was able to jury rig a fix to limp the sled home but need to replace pretty much the entire right hand side of the assembly. I am thinking about just going to the JT wheel kit instead as it seems to be a higher quality setup (Two other sleds in my group are using it and they seem to be holding up much better). Does anyone know if it comes with the tensioner guides etc to mount to the rails or do I need to purchase those separately?
Yes it does much better quality than stock

Back