• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

22' XTX 146 Skid Mount Locations

musselman

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 Ren XRS 900T, 2010 Nytro RTX
Had this sled at a few dealers and they ended up putting the rear skid in different mounting holes. Does anyone know what the stock holes are and what the others positions would do?

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

What are you playing with there pal?

Upper holes closest to your footwells and upper holes in rear

Upper holes closest to your footwells and upper holes in rear
Thanks for the reply, from my research all of Yamahas stock photos show the rear mounted in the lower hole on the xtx le. Looking at the arctic cat riot, it is mounted the same in the front however the rear is in the top hole. This is why I’m a little unsure.

Thanks for the reply, from my research all of Yamahas stock photos show the rear mounted in the lower hole on the xtx le. Looking at the arctic cat riot, it is mounted the same in the front however the rear is in the top hole. This is why I’m a little unsure.
I had a 2020 xtx le as well and it was mounted in the upper holes in rear as well.

There was a discussion about this last fall. I can’t find it in a search. Yamaha had done some changes I think. I can look at mine in a couple days and see where I ended up. You’ll likely get a response before that

There was a discussion about this last fall. I can’t find it in a search.

Here are two posts I recall reading about the suspension bolt location:

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2020-...ear-suspension-bolt-hole.160023/#post-1520752

Interesting read, seems like there is lots of confusion on Yamaha's part. It's probably best to go by what cat is doing on the riot, it is their chassis after all.

I thought the mounting position may have been related to the front pivot arm getting destroyed, so just wanted to confirm so it didn't happen again.

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

Interesting, thats not how cat mounts it in the riot which is essentially an xtx le. At the end of the day I think its a matter of preference. May need to test both mounting locations

my 146 se is in the top and the le are bottom like those pics say.... thinkin thy use top hole on se for stability reasons would be all i can think of with the se havin a narrower ft end

Interesting info, I will have to test how it sits in each position. I was thinking the le is in the bottom hole for more ski pressure/bite for trail use.

Happened to see one of these sleds at the dealer on the weekend and the rear was in the lower hole. Looks like that's how the LE's are mounted.

Back