• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3076 size (IHI) w/diverter valve?

On my apex i am thinking of putting an IHI turbo off a duramax on it. The compressor map matches very close to a 3076 garrett which will work just fine on my Apex. However for the turbine side i was looking into building a diverter valve on my 7.3L ford actually but now im transfering my idea to my sled because the IHI turbo is a divided housing and i CAN NOT find the A/R anywhere. But im guessing its like a 1.00 A/R which would be somewhat slow spool, and being a fairly oversize turbine for a sled i think an exhaust diverter valve would be a great idea? Id use a wastegate actuator set to like 8 pounds boost or so. And use a manual boost controller to adjust it Any suggestions or inputs to this idea?.

Ps an exhaust diverter valve is a butterfly valve that directs alll exhaust through one of the two inlets to the turbine. So more pressure on the turbine wheel thus giving faster spool up.

what is your boost goal i think no matter what something that larger will have lag. i i bet a 3071 will do everything u could want 30lbs should be enough for most people but anything is possible. the biggest issues is stepping down the pedestal size to make it work and how much everything gets necked down to fit then fitted to monster exhuast housing

Ya ya i was planning on cutting off the pedistool and welding on a flange with some cast rod and letting it cool overnight in some floor dry, works good. Because it is like a 50 pound turbo haha! and well im thinking if its a 1.00 A/R and i use a diverter valve it would make it like a .50 A/R up until wherever i have my diverter valve actuator set at eh? Im lookin at just 15 to start then after i get into the engine a bit i wouldnt have to swith turbos. I know a guy who runs an RX1 on asphault and he has a 3076 and running 47 pounds boost. 740 horsepower. Has all titanium valves and a 6tower primary

Back