• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 Stroke in water

I know when I've drown the wheeler I drain the oil, pull the spark plug and turn it over a few times THEN refill the crank case with diesel and turn it over some more with the plugs removed. The Diesel is good at getting the water oil and has "SOME" lubrication properties. Once the diesel is drained I'd refill with oil, FULLY warm it up, maybe take a quick EASY ride then perform another oil change and you should be good to go. This MUST ALL BE DONE ASAP!

I didn't realize you could crank an engine with the kill switch off.
What about the chain case oil - does that need to be drained?
And check the air box for water and dry the filter foam if necessary?
Something else occurred to me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an old oil filter for use during the water removal process just in case this happened.
For the original poster, if you can't get to a mechanic, all of the stuff discussed such as plug removal and oil changes has been discussed on TY and in most cases pics posted showing the details.

He also asked about water in the silencer - would that eventually evaporate?

Well to be honest the sparkplugs are stupidly positioned. not exactly mi first choice to demolish the entire gas tank area in order to locate them....

At the moment i´ve drained all the gas, oil and chaincase oil. i have blown all the water out of the contacts and my dad will pull out the sparkplugs today, cuz I had to get to school( im a student atm in another town)

the sooner you get it running after doing everything people have told you the better.

You don't want rust to start in the motor and running it is the only way to get all the moisture out.

BombaPolaYama said:
What about the chain case oil - does that need to be drained?
And check the air box for water and dry the filter foam if necessary?
Something else occurred to me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an old oil filter for use during the water removal process just in case this happened.
For the original poster, if you can't get to a mechanic, all of the stuff discussed such as plug removal and oil changes has been discussed on TY and in most cases pics posted showing the details.

He also asked about water in the silencer - would that eventually evaporate?

You can't, I found out Friday on a solo ride, accidently hit the kill switch while stopped and couldn't figure out why it would start or even turn over?
By myself had me panicing for a bit until I noticed the kill switch #$%&*

Irv said:
BombaPolaYama said:

You can't, I found out Friday on a solo ride, accidently hit the kill switch while stopped and couldn't figure out why it would start or even turn over?
By myself had me panicing for a bit until I noticed the kill switch #$%&*
Okay, I didn't think so but it was stated earlier here that you could. So would it be a problem to crank it with the plugs out (and the switch on of course) to help rid the water?

Well my dad has pulled the plugs out and drained what little water was in there and replaced the oils and started her up so the moisiure will go away and i will replace the filter and change the oils a couple of times to be safe on friday when i get back. But thanks for the help everyone!

Back