• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 Stroke Insurance Question

wwolfe68

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 1000 LE
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX-GT
2014 Yamaha Vector LTX
Hi All - Just purchased a 14 APEX XTX and 14 Vector LTX and getting back into sleds again. Last sled I had was a 05 RX-1. What is the best option out there for sled insurance? I have heard Progressive. When I had my RX-1 4 strokes were new to market and was a challenge to educate insurance companies on CC of 4 stroke/etc. I assume that is ironed out now and need to get sleds insured. Just looking for advice from others as best rates, solid coverage and good to deal with if you have a claim. any advice would be appreciated.

my best price was as a rider on my homeowners down side if you do have a claim it counts as a home claim if you ever want to shop around for future home owners ins. I insure both mine for 600 total for the year full coverage on both with stated value at high enough to buy new ones if they were wrecked.

State Farm for my '14 Viper, '08 Nytro, '99 SX and '98 XTC with full coverage on only the Viper is around $400/year if I remember right.

Progressive for my '03 RX-1, '08 Apex GT L-TX, and '18 Apex X-TX is $410/year which includes a 'paid in full' discount. Otherwise, w/o discount and installment fees, it would be $485.

ok...guess I am getting a competitive rate then. I received $490 with progressive for both my 2014 Vector LTX and Apex XTX full coverage and $4K coverage on trailer. Thanks for the input.

need to be 49. 1/2 or older to get rates....got a few years for that yet! appreciate the lead though

Pretty tough to beat Allstate.

Our insurance company told me that they don't insure Yamaha 4 strokes because of their high replacement value, not performance. They insured mine since we have everything else insured with the same company. 2010 Phazer is costing $108 this year. 2 Mil PLPD and $300 deductible comp coverage. No collision.

*EDIT* I'm in Canada, Ontario specifically. My cost and coverage will differ significantly from our US counterparts. The fact that the Phazer is only 500cc helps a lot. When I did shop around because our insurer originaly declined coverage, prices varied but all asked, does the snowmobile have a turbo charger? It was always the first question!

Last edited:
State Farm for years no issues

Liberty Mutual, $170 a year for full coverage. 2017 apex xtx le. After all, who wants to ride on 3/4 of a snowmobile. lol

2 sleds - 2006 Attak and 1996 Skidoo Formula 500 and I pay $94 for both with
BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $500,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT
MANDATORY UNINSURED MOTORIST - $25,000 EACH PERSON - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
MEDICAL PAYMENTS - $1,000 EACH PERSON

Sleds aren't worth enough to maintain collision coverage.

Hi All - Just purchased a 14 APEX XTX and 14 Vector LTX and getting back into sleds again. Last sled I had was a 05 RX-1. What is the best option out there for sled insurance? I have heard Progressive. When I had my RX-1 4 strokes were new to market and was a challenge to educate insurance companies on CC of 4 stroke/etc. I assume that is ironed out now and need to get sleds insured. Just looking for advice from others as best rates, solid coverage and good to deal with if you have a claim. any advice would be appreciated.
After a horrible insurance experience last year.I will make damn sure ins co sends me a full breakdown of exact coverage.After calling&putting full coverage&accessory/mod coverage on my sled (discussed every item added/changed&their value)I even questioned the payment amount as it seemed to cheap I discovered when I got my renewal papers about 6 months later that they only had me covered for liablity (thankfully no accidents happened!!)I had the name,date,&person i spoke with &when I called to confront them they said oops sorry they made a mistake&they didn't even offer full coverage.Could have been a nightmare if something had happened!

ok...guess I am getting a competitive rate then. I received $490 with progressive for both my 2014 Vector LTX and Apex XTX full coverage and $4K coverage on trailer. Thanks for the input.
$330.00 a year for both of my sleds and trailer with Foremost which is part of Farmers. Progressive was much higher even tho I have all 4 of my cars with them. You set the values, I covered trailer for 4k the 09 Apex for 5k and the 11 Apex for 7k

I had State Farm and then move to All-State. Bundled all my toys and house and save of $1,000 vs. State Farm. You really just need to shop around and find the best price.

Back