• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

40th Anniversary Apex XTX

Re: Thanks guys

iahacker said:
Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy fooling around with stuff like this.

Irv, If you lived closer I would do your sled or help you with it.

Forgot to mention that the track and tunnel extension came from Tracks USA. The track is a 9006H fully clipped 144" The tunnel extension was shortened 4" to make it match the lenght of my 2011 Apex XTX with the snow flap angled back also to match.

Have a 97 SX 700 for another friend coming in this week to put a Ripsaw track into. (the 121" track from the Apex) Takes a little fitting but, can be done.

Thanks iahacker,(just seen your reply now)
In all honesty I appreciate your offer and would love to take you up on it, but I was just joking as I seen your location and knew it wouldn't be possible.
If I decide to keep my sled for a few years and when it needs a new track, I think I will extend it to a 128?

Thanks just the same, enjoy your sled ;)!

Just finished this yesterday.
Sled has an MPI supercharger with a 144" XTX skid.

What do you guys think?
What a cool looking sled!!! Did you use the original side mounting holes in the tunnel, to make the 144 work? Or did the 144 match up with the stock suspension bolt holes? I was thinking about this mod, taking a stock 144 inch skid and put it in my 08 vector ltx gt.

Back