• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

50cc Wheelie

Website
img78.photobucket.com
WEBSITE
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v344/660SilverTip/
WLM
tkoconsulting@telus.net
My Son really wanted me to put this pic in here. I know it isn't a Yamaha, but if it matters...his next one will be. He says so and is only 3 yrs old. Too funny!

Attachments

• Wheelie.JPG
    Wheelie.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 17,513

Awesome :Rockon: . I bet he has a blast on that. My boy rides a 60cc Tri Zinger and he is getting way to big for it....time to upgrade :Rockon:

Little bikes can be big fun

This past weekend my brother purchased an '04 Polaris Predator (I tried to get him to try out a YFZ 450, but he's brainwashed into thinking Polaris is the only way to go). Anyways, while he was getting his financing papers signed, I was outside and I was looking at this little Predator 90.
One of the salesmen walked out and saw me looking at it and said,, "Cool, huh? We use one just like that for running back and forth from the shop to the showroom. Wanna test ride it?"
Of course Im not going to turn down the offer to ride any kind of toy, so I did. I must admit, it was a fun little bike. Had a little 2-stroke engine with an auto tranny. The coolest part to me was that it was kick-start. You dont see kick-start on ATVs too often anymore (I think the Blaster might be the only one). To me, kick-start would make more sense. Most people's leg muscles are about twice as strong as their arms are.
So I rode the 90 around for about 5 minutes and when I got back the guy said, "I'll make you one heck of a deal on one just like this, $1200."
To that I replied, "Tempting, but I think Id rathar have a Raptor 90. Im a Yamaha man." With that, I unzipped my jacket and revealed the Thor/Yamaha mx jersey that I had on. I did thank him for letting me try out that Pred 90 though.
Hebi

My kids Polaris Scrambler has electric start with a kick start for back-up. It's been reliable but wouldn't start once. No spark, kicked it over for about 100 times(so I wouldn't overheat the starter) All of a sudden...spark, been running great since. Starts right away evey time now. :-o

Me switch? HAHAHAHAHAH

No chance of that one!
Let me tell you a little story. 2 yeard ago I bought a '90 Yamaha Phazer II snowmobile.
I was up in northern Wisconsin at my parents' house and I picked it up that day while my father was at work.
He pulled in the driveway and saw that Phazer sitting there and kinda of look for a second, almost in disbelief.
He came in the house and said, "Ummmm, whats with the Yamablah?" I said, "I bought it". His comment was, "that was a mistake...."
You have to understand, my parents have owned Polaris since 1978, they started with TXs and currently ride 600 XCs.
Well, Ive had my Phazer for 2 winters now and I am proud to say that I have not had any problems with it. Ive ridden it fairly hard, but I have done the maintenance on it and it has handled everything Ive thrown at it.
When I first got it, (the rest of my family is die-hard Polaris) all of the sudden our average ride pace went from 30-50 mph to flat-out. I guess they wanted to proove the inferiority of Yamaha. However, that little Phazer kept right up and got better gas milage than anyone else in our group got. When I first got it, they told me all these stories about people they know had Yamahas and how they were nothing but problems, had bad suspension, no power, bad clutches and poor gas milage.
That first day everyone else stopped for gas and my father walked up to me and said, "I bet you are about out of gas, huh?" My answer was, "Nope, still got a half tank." He shocked and said, "Yeah right" and looked at my fuel gauge and saw that it did indeed read a half tank. His comment was, "well, Yamaha has never had a very accurate fuel gauge."
Last winter, I had my Phazer out and got up early and did a nice little 5 miles ride to town and back. When I got back home, I pulled in the driveway and shut my sled off and noticed my father was outside.
He asked me if he could ride the Phazer for a bit, just to see how it compares. I let him, and he rode it around for about 10 minutes, pretty much a couple of miles down the trail and back.
When he came back he said, "Wow, thats thing is a lot nicer than I thought and its really zippy for a fan-cooled sled. Its also really light and nimble." I said, "Yeah, thats what Ive been trying to tell you."
After that day, he never had said anything bad about Yamaha.
So, will I be switching from Yamaha any time soon? No chance. Even if Yamaha decided to get out of the ATV industry (the chance of that is slim to none, and slim just left town) Id just buy the last year of whatever 400cc utility ATV they made and stock up on parts.
However, with the way Yamaha has been coming on stronger every year with their ATVs, and with the large number of snowmobilers who are trading in their sleds for ATVs, I doubt Yamaha will be getting out any time soon.
Hebi

Anyone know where I can get a small wheeler for my son. 125cc or somthing about that size...like a breeze??

Back