• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

85 mile report and questions about 2006 Vector GT

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
Ok, well first off this sled is great there is barely one thing that I would change about this, other than the occasional hard bottoming when skipping across a field. It runs great, great mileage, and even had the chance to go back to my old sled that my buddy runs a 2003 XC 600, and my god, i felt like I was back on one of the ski slappers. But my question?

Question is, is there any way to cut down on the jumpiness when cruising through the trails? SOme of the trails that I go on are pretty tight and you can only go about 15 or 20 and at these speeds it seems like it is just really jumpy. Any clutching or anything that I can do?

What do you mean by "jumpy"? If you are asking about clutching, I assume that you mean when you are on and off the throttle?

There are different clutching options that raise or lower the engagement speed like Ulmer's Stage 1 or stage 3 kits. However, I asked the same question after my first Vector ride last season, and it just took a little getting used to the slightly different riding style required for the 4 stroke machine. After a very short period, I subconsiously altered my riding style and no longer have the issue.

Now when I ride a two stroke in the twisties, it feels like there's nothing there when I tweak the throttle. I have to consiously squeeze it harder than I think I should to get the same low end response due to the reduced low end torque.

:4STroke:

yes i mean by the clutching... do those clutch kits make it any better or i also heard something of a softer primary clutch spring?

X2THEZ
I ride the springville,langford area and trails are tight. O know what you mean the sled is touchy from 0 throttle to light throttle. Last year when I switched from doo it bothered me this year I do not hardly notice it.

My buddys vector has a bender clutch kit with heel klicker weights and his still feels almost same as mine at slow speed and loading in trailer.

You might be referring to the engine braking effect that your sled has. When you you let off on the throttle, it's almost like hitting the brakes.

I've heard that a softer secondary spring can ease this braking effect.

Also, I've heard that installing softer carb springs will create a softer throttle pull.

I had the impression that he was talking about throttle response. It's true that sometimes when you're hitting a hairpin at slow speed, you can hit a bump, accidentally blip the throttle a tiny bit with the resultant small leap of the sled. The problem can then be compounded by the fact the the little leap of the sled results in releasing the throttle, but you accidentlly hit it again as the sled jerks to a stop, and the process is repeated. The quicker a sled's throttle response, the more likely it is to do that.

If that's what the OP is talking about, I don't know if it can be addressed by clutching, but I suspect not. at least not without affecting acceleration and roll-on from speed.

Yes I was talking about the responsiveness of the throttle and I think its just something that I am going to have to get used to, i put another 75 miles on it this weekend and it doesnt seem to bother me as much except when I start to get fatigue. :bling

Back