• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

87 moto 4 350 no spark issue

93truck

I am working on my nephews bike, he had a issue were he melted his wireing harness cause it fell down on the head. he replaced the harness and cdi and stator assy in hopes to get it to refire. i just got the bike to my place to give it a go over. first, i am only getting 2.0v at the coil. I believe it should be closer to 40v ac. the ciol is good cause i tried it on another bike. I am working with a set of prints that ar close to the actual bike. the pull start is broke so i can only use the starter. would it be possable for the handle bar switch to work enough to allow the staarter to work but still be grounding out the ignition? any info would be helpful.

if it turns over on the e-start, it should be firing. do you have good spark and compression?

they are usually set up that if the kill switch is in the off position, it will not crank on the starter at all.

Back