• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

87 big bear 350 no spark

Mike1983

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha 440
Hey guys I'm new here. Just got a 87 big bear moto 4 350 2wd not sure how long it's been sitting but it cranks over but has no spark tested the stator and pickups found them bad replaced all that replaced coil and plug has had ignition switch replaced previously thought maybe bad switch so unplugged it and jumped solenoid still no spark. Have noticed that it does spark one time as you cranks it and turn .the key on off quickly but other then that nothing any jelh would be greatly appreciated thanks on advance

Hey guys I'm new here. Just got a 87 big bear moto 4 350 2wd not sure how long it's been sitting but it cranks over but has no spark tested the stator and pickups found them bad replaced all that replaced coil and plug has had ignition switch replaced previously thought maybe bad switch so unplugged it and jumped solenoid still no spark. Have noticed that it does spark one time as you cranks it and turn .the key on off quickly but other then that nothing any jelh would be greatly appreciated thanks on advance
Update got it to run today thinking a bad switch I plugged the switch back in turned in to on cranked it no fire turn it to the off position and jumped solenoid it had spark so put spark plugs and back in and jumped the solenoid again and it
ran

Update got it to run today thinking a bad switch I plugged the switch back in turned in to on cranked it no fire turn it to the off position and jumped solenoid it had spark so put spark plugs and back in and jumped the solenoid again and it
ran

Sounds like you found your problem. Great job!

that is the problem i had with an 1988 big bear 4x4. new ignition is not wired the same as old from yamaha. in my case it was the tumblers that was needed as old ones piled up so i just took the switch apart and re used the old bottom on it.

that is the problem i had with an 1988 big bear 4x4. new ignition is not wired the same as old from yamaha. in my case it was the tumblers that was needed as old ones piled up so i just took the switch apart and re used the old bottom on it.
Ordered new switch and still the same might have to get one from Yamaha i bought a 12$ one off eBay is there any way to wire in a toggle switch or something lol. Other than that it starts fine with switch off and jumping the solenoid also it charging right, road it for about half hour with no problems.any other suggestions

never dug into the switch farther after i got mine running.

Back