• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

91 octane

Xrx1dude

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 attakgt
Having bought a 2018 XTX the end of last season I am now reading through the owners manual and noticed it wants 91 octane as a minimum. My 07 Attakgt 87 was acceptable. What has changed? Compression ratio? Ignition timing?

Timing has changed 100%, not sure about compression. If you run 87 octane the knock sensor will start pulling timing and you’ll lose out on some performance.

i have run my 11 on 87 when no 91 availible. ran fine but i made sure i did no wot pulls on it. i have noticed on my wr250x that when i had to run a tank of 87 though it that it ran hotter than on the 91 and was not as peppy. it only wants 91 as well.

Having bought a 2018 XTX the end of last season I am now reading through the owners manual and noticed it wants 91 octane as a minimum. My 07 Attakgt 87 was acceptable. What has changed? Compression ratio? Ignition timing?
It will run fine on 87, but will turn 500 rpm less at WOT, which will yield 6 mph less top end speed. If you're OK with that, then running 87 is fine!

It will run fine on 87, but will turn 500 rpm less at WOT, which will yield 6 mph less top end speed. If you're OK with that, then running 87 is fine!
Definitely not okay with that! Lol

1645373047917.jpeg

This is whats on my 07 ATTAK.

Pretty simple, run what it calls for, I always carry a few tubes of octane boost just in case I can't get 91 in more remote area's.

Use 91 or HIGHER.

There's a reason it calls for it. As mentioned above, the '11-up has hotter ignition timing (5° to be exact) which is very significant.

Back