• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A couple ApexGT pics...

ZR800EFI

Expert
Here's a couple pics of my GT with the side panels painted and new ApexGT and license number decals made by ArcticFX:

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Side3.JPG
    Side3.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 109

jimmie d said:
Got to chrome those grey inlet covers.

Jim

They aren't the plain grey as they've been painted too, but not a chrome finish. You're right, I may chrome them.

Apex_GT said:
Thats the best looking GT I've seen...Very nice..Was it expensive to do?

Thanks!
Not too bad...a couple hundred CDN$$$ for the painted panels and another hundred for the decals.

welterracer said:
I think those stickers are better than mine..

Thanks. ArcticFX didn't have them, so I paid a bit extra to have them designed as I explained to him what I wanted. He made them match pretty much exactly what I sent him!!!

I'm curious as to what type of paint you had to use, I'm picking up my 07RTX in two weeks and I think it looks fantastic on your sled. Is there special prep involved in painting the side panels that I should require of a local body shop?

Thanks!

Cobalt
:-o

Cobalt said:
I'm curious as to what type of paint you had to use, I'm picking up my 07RTX in two weeks and I think it looks fantastic on your sled. Is there special prep involved in painting the side panels that I should require of a local body shop?

Thanks!

Cobalt
:-o

Cobalt, I had them done by a local shop, and yes, they use some type of prep that makes the paint adhere to the panels -- sorry, not sure what.

Convert said:
ZR800EFI That looks awesome they did an outstanding job of matching colors on the side panels. Nice job

Thanks, Convert! They actually didn't even need the hood or anything to match with...they said black is black. He has a red ER he showed me which he painted the sides red to match the hood, and it looked awesome! But he did say it was a pain to match...

Looks Good, and I would love to do that to mine, but I can just see all the twig/brush marks from the branches sticking out from the side of the trail. Flying down the trail and nailing a branch sticking out and then your nice painted side panels would be marked up in no time. I don't take mine off trail and my sled is washed and buffed almost everytime it goes out. It looks brand new everytime it goes out. But everytime I look it over, and once in a while you see a twig mark that tagged the side of it. Looks great though.

Thanks, but I'm not too worried about it. My buddy had an '05 Mach and '03 Rev with painted panels and he's off trail more than me (not always intentionally!). Wasn't really much of an issue for the trails we ride on. Both those sleds had 4000+ miles on them at the end of the season...I think the Mach was just over 5000.

And if they do get marked bad enough, I'll do them again. If it seems like it'll just get annoying, back to stock finish they go.

Back