• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A few pics...

nate007

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1. '06 Apex -twin screw
2. '04 Redline Revolt 800
3. '09 Nytro XTX - twin screw
Here's a few shots of my Apex just before a weekend trip. I'll be doing a bunch of custom airbrush work in the off season, but this shows the custom paint. I painted every panel on the sled including the two that are riveted to the frame. I used the factory stickers in the exhaust covers as a mask for the black paint, which effectively let me reverse the colors for a unique yet factory look. The stock painted pieces have been redone as well.
As soon as I can get a video to download, I'll have one showing the Bender exhaust. So far, I haven't been able to get it to upload to this site.
IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

I can get those pics in the morning. I didn't have the cord for my camera today..
Sorry!

nate007 said:
I can get those pics in the morning. I didn't have the cord for my camera today..
Sorry!

I was just looking to see how you mounted your hand guards. On the package they show three ways to mount them. Thanks.

Here are the pics you wanted. Sorry it took me so ling, but my laptop had me stumped! I couldn't get it to recognise my camera. Funny, it's the same one I always use! (I'm not completely computer savvy)
I hope these show the mount kit well enough.
There's also a pic of the exhaust covers for Jensen.
Nate
IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

~Nate

I still don't think the mount kit is the right one, but I had do be creative to get it to work. The part # is 14250 from Powermadd. I also had to adjust my brake lever inward because my fingers with loves on was too tight of a fit. It helped with ease of brake use anyway, but it was just a different feeling to get used to.
I still think there is an Apex specific kit that mounts lower on the bar, but I'd do it this way again if I had to. I think the actual Apex kit mounts lower on the handlebars, and looks more like an erector set!
I'm turning the airbrush loose starting next week so stay tuned, I'll post pics after I get started.
Nate

Only the Apex is mine, but I do get to ride any one of them when ever I want to. We like to switch around when we ride, and I have to say, each sled has a very different personality.
The Apex, is what most of you would know. Fast. I have made alot of changes to improve handling, and it responds well to modifications. By far my favorite.
The F7 - I have been bugging Eric (the owner) to dig in and play with the suspension, because it beats the heck out of you. He runs 65 lbs. in the front shocks, and when you jump on the sled in the shop, the rear hardly moves. Way too stiff, but he says he like it that way, until he's the one complaining about how rough the trails are.
The Doo is a 600, and although its the smallest one of the bunch, its a heck of a sled. You really can't go too terribly wrong in the setup of this sled, and this one has only had spring tension adjustments. I like jumping this one, but the ergo's aren't what I'm used to. I like the ergo's of my Apex better. This sled is carbed, and sometimes takes a little more cranking to get it going. It does have electric start and RER. I would never have a sled without reverse and electric start! I don't know why, but this little REV will hang with my Apex out of the hole, and up to about 80mph! Bone stock!
I do have a Nytro on order, and it will be here in October. Until then, my shop is a storage place for everybody's sleds. We are in the process on building racks to "stack" the sleds, and I have a few coming in this summer for painting. I love having a shop full of toys, it keeps me pumped up for next season and keeps me motivated to continue tweaking.
The F7 is going under the paint gun soon. I'll post pics througout the project(s).

I think it mostly comes down to the rider. I can push my APex harder in just about anything that even Eric can on his F7. Brad's REV is his first sled, and although he's not scared of it, he isn't crazy. I can't say that I think that an Apex will keep up with a REV, but even though mine is a GT, I have made quite a few tweaks to the setup to make it handle the way I want it to, which is from corner to corner.
I do like the REV for jumping though. I have jumped Brad's sled a few times, and it lands alot better, but I like the rider position on mine better.
I think it all comes down to what you like. I don't race mine, but I do ride as hard as I can quite regularly.
I still know that if I had to choos between the two, I'd still take the Yamaha no matter what. Everybdy keeps boosting the REV, but after a few miles on the Yammy, I think it's better!
~Nate

Back