• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

a few rumors...

If a person only read internet forums, they'd never buy anything. If I won the lottery, I'd have a sled from each manufacturer but until then its got to be yamaha. Best value for the money/least chance of problems.

7 skulls said:
If a person only read internet forums, they'd never buy anything. If I won the lottery, I'd have a sled from each manufacturer but until then its got to be yamaha. Best value for the money/least chance of problems.
Well said.

7 skulls said:

well said ;)!

I think Polaris will the be the first out of the sled business. My Brother-in-law works for the company that supplies Polaris with all the fasteners for there machines and he said Polaris hasn't gotten there nuts and bolts yet for there sleds but have been getting them for there ATVs. He said the last time they did this was right before they dropped there Personal Water Craft lines. Polaris has a pretty good chunk of the ATV business, a larger share than Yamaha does so there sleds may stay afloat for a few more years.

Someone must be listening to me:
This afternoon my bro opened the trailer (frozen locks) and I was wistfully staring at my 06 nytro asleep under its cover (no snow). Front outside idler wheel looked a little off kilter. The spring had worn through the keeper and now there is a nice oblong hole in my rail. Other side had no keeper wear but was starting to wear the bolt hole too.

Last week driving my tundra, I said "...should be a reliable truck". That instant, the radio turned on by itself.

Last month an attractive young woman standing next to me said "I'm a natural blond." To which I replied "Oh no your not!"

I really got to learn to keep my big mouth shut. :hide:

Vectornut said:
I would think that Yamaha & Ski Doo would pretty much have everything wraped up in the emissions dept. I think Polaris and especially Cat curently have an EPA problem for 2012. But, Polaris and Cat are making money while Ski Doo is bleeding and has received $30 Million from the Canadian Finance Ministery to keep it going. By the way, the Bombardier family owns 35% of BRP while Mitt Romney owns 50% of BRP. I don't think Yamaha has ever turned a dollar in the snowmobile business. 05 Vector ER

Really, got proof of this?????

Love to see it

Man, if I won the lottery, then I would make an Apex the way I wanted it made... LOL... I would also buy several 2ups, a few XTXs, the new model and a Phazer, all from Yammie... But I would also buy a 2 smoker for the really cold winter months (-30 to -50) Dec-February; Cannot wait for Feb. 02

now I'm a loyal Yami guy, own all Yamaha's, but this year put my girlfriend on a 2007 Polaris IQ600. I tell you what, this sled out handles, and out corners my apex all day long. I can't get over how well this sled rides. Now fuel and power, this sled is a pig... looking for a gas station at 100 miles, no matter what the riding conditions. So I'd say Polaris is doing pretty well with what they are building. Ski-Doo has the emissions thing wrapped up with the E-tec, and you'll probably see the 800 version this year. Cat is still sleeping.... seriously? Why introduce a 500cc snow pro chasis, and nothing that's making good fuel and decent reliability. But at the end of the day, I'm proud to ride my Yamaha! 150HP, 20 MPG, and never skips a beat. People still stop and look at this sled when I'm out at a local establishment, and see the tailight drift away down the straights!

FreezerBurnt said:
Vectornut said:
I would think that Yamaha & Ski Doo would pretty much have everything wraped up in the emissions dept. I think Polaris and especially Cat curently have an EPA problem for 2012. But, Polaris and Cat are making money while Ski Doo is bleeding and has received $30 Million from the Canadian Finance Ministery to keep it going. By the way, the Bombardier family owns 35% of BRP while Mitt Romney owns 50% of BRP. I don't think Yamaha has ever turned a dollar in the snowmobile business. 05 Vector ER

Really, got proof of this?????

Love to see it
Hmm, nothing in their press release about Mitt Romney, must be a recent development...
http://corp.brp.com/en-CA/Media.Center/ ... 8.2003.htm

Saint-Bruno, Québec, December 18, 2003 - Bain Capital, the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and the members of the Bombardier family, who now share the ownership of the newly created Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., today confirmed that the acquisition process of the recreational products group of Bombardier Inc. has been
completed for the amount of $960 million Cdn.

I do agree that Cat and Polaris are hanging in there financially. Public information.

ACAT http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ACAT&fstype=ii
PII http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:pII&fstype=ii

japex said:
just from today on arctic chat

t660 bad on fuel and lazy
o7 z1 wont start
reverse problem
t660 blow up
z1 leaking gear lube all also read that gauges fog up and cant be seen headlights fog and night vision is diminished
fuel gauge doesnt work says empty rite after half tank and nobody ever knows how much fuel they have
also read about dartin squirrely rear ends, apparently it has engine breaking too.

these were just posted today
this is the only info i'm going off really.
and a buddy has a 800r that is in the shop more than the snow.in all cases the dealer told them, 'yep that happens to them all'.

My dads T660 is great on fuel. Uses a bit more then my phazer but weend up paying the same cause i use 91octane, and pulls pretty good. its a 660 with 3cly. I lift the skis on that with with 2 people on it. It is not the turbo version. Although it does burn oil.

I dont know but im sure it wont be all that strict. i havent herd of anything like this happening in canada. Im sure the 2 strokes will pass at least the E-techs

Back