• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aaen muffler +6 hp ?

Yamtodd

Has any body tried it?
It seems to be the best bang for the buck at about $400.00

The Mega power silencer produces 144 hp at 8600 rpm, and max torque is above 93 lb-ft below 7500 rpm

pro116 said:
http://www.aaenperformance.com/

I highly doubt aaen is getting 6hp.

I agree. Its only a 4hp gain with the "power core" which I think you would need if you run the trails. However I do like that it fits within the stock mounts.

Aaen is one of the few companies that doesn't inflate their numbers. Ever notice that their pipes(for all brands) always make "less advertised HP" than the others. I would trust their numbers. If I bought one for my Nytro I'd probably get the Aaen. I've ran their pipes before and have always been happy.

search fx nytro on youtube and theres some clips of a nytro with an aaen pipe, dont know if its with the quiet core or not though.

Nikolai said:
Aaen is one of the few companies that doesn't inflate their numbers. Ever notice that their pipes(for all brands) always make "less advertised HP" than the others.

That's because almost all there current two stoke pipes make less hp then other companies,cpr,slp,etc if you dyno them.They do make power just not as much.If you go back to the late 70's and 80's aaen was the kind of pipes but when the mid 90's came along he pretty much fell out of the loop on hp vs other competitors.

I'd trust Excell far more than I would Aaen. I have a hard time believing that just a slip on is going to make 6 hp. In fact, I don't believe it.

I go with Excell cause the performance is either there or he doesn't release it. He also has it dyno'd independantly. I've I'm going to spend $400 I want to know it's going to do something, not just make noise.

Looks like a good product. Not a full system like the excell but it's not over $1000 either. For $400 it looks pretty sweet, I was gonna hack a $400 street bike exhaust!

YamaMikeRTX said:
Looks like a good product. Not a full system like the excell but it's not over $1000 either. For $400 it looks pretty sweet, I was gonna hack a $400 street bike exhaust!

You can get the Excell for 850 if you don't mind it looking like other pipes out there. And it's the full system.

spend the $20 for the dynotech subscription and you'll see where the hp comes from. You're not going to get 6, or 4 for that matter, from the pipe (muffler).

Back