• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AC 141 suspension with 151 track

So a seach there are many guys that put them in.You will need anti stab kit.
I have a 153" cat skid that I'm putting in my yami to make a 162"

I have a 141 M skid in my sled with a 153 track and 8" wheels and it fits and works great. AC suspension uses the front holes on the tunnel and then you just need to fab rear brackets.

It might be a hair snug, but the track will stretch.

make sure you do the anti stab kit. I did not and I ruined a new 151 track.

I'll pick up an anti stab kit for sure. Hopefully the AC fox float suspension rides nice. Should be hands down better the the pro-action.

I sent you the template. Hopefully the Sno Pro skid is from a M series Cat?

The Fox floats don't ride nearly as well as the Ryde FX shocks (Cadillac). The Zero Pros (Ferrari) are a bit stiffer than the Ryde FX shocks but work pretty darn well.

I have a M8 153" Sno pro with the Fox Floats on it now and it takes a bit to get use to. I used the Fett Brothers racing canisters that screw on to the air servicing port of the shocks to add more air volume. it makes the shocks work much better with less air pressure and they allow the shock to travel further. Here's a link. There are four different sized canister for different riding applications.

http://www.fettbrosperformance.com/stor ... C1E&cat=33

Here is my updated skid install. Suspension was in a 2008 m1000 162 sno pro. Sold the 162 rails and went with 2010 141 crossfire rails. Had to drill a new hole in the rails for the center shock as the crossfires have a longer shock. Other then that very easy install.

For the measurements I tried 31 5/8 center to center mount and wasnt enough preload on the fox shock. Remounted at 31 1/4 and my pressure is at 125 psi in the rear shock. It really sags on the bumps and rebound is terrible. I will try the 'geo mod' that all the cat guys are using that copies the geometry of the holz skid and maybe a revalve in the shock.

The weight loss is incredible. Has to be around 35 pounds.

Attachments

• rx1 suspension.JPG
    rx1 suspension.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 176
After a good season on the skid and running now running exit zbros shocks in the centre and rear the ride is amazing. My back has never felt better. On the other hand the transfer is terrible. I am going to mount the front hole down an inch or inch and half.

Anyone else feel these cat skids don't transfer well?

Thats the problem with set backing a skid you lose all transfer.
I have a 153 skid but I mounted it to cat 153 specs.
I was going to set it back and run a 162" but didn't want all the added weight to the front end.

How does your ride on top of the snow? I know this is hands down better at getting on top of the snow then the pro action. With the skid pushed forward your stuck with the bad approach angle. Give or take I guess.

I will try the 'geo mod' that all the cat guys are using that copies the geometry of the holz skid and maybe a revalve in the shock.

What is the "geo mod"? Is this something I should do to my 141 Cat skid? I didn't set back my skid...I used the stock holes in the front and added anti-stabs.

Back