• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding heating element to seat.

Can't you tell from the other side which wire is which? If you have an inch left on chip side, then you should be able to see the colors on those wires and match them up with the other side? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• seat heater element broken wire.1.jpg
    seat heater element broken wire.1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 63

Can't you tell from the other side which wire is which? If you have an inch left on chip side, then you should be able to see the colors on those wires and match them up with the other side? Am I missing something?
Yes for the colored stripe ones ,but there is 3 black and one seems to be a bit larger gauge wire . Wondering if it matters to match up ? They were not webbed up .so I cant tell which is which ?

All blacks are joined together there.
Thanks Turbo, Sorry for the confusing questions ;' I just wanted to be sure because my seat heater quit without blowing a fuse and a week later my pickup coil/stator went . I was wondering if having live wires dangling in the seat caused my electrical issue.

Depending on what wires may have been broken and touched together, it may have overloaded the stator/pickup and toasted it. Seat nor foam is conductive so really the only way for a short/overload is if the blacks and either of the other two wires touched together.

Depending on what wires may have been broken and touched together, it may have overloaded the stator/pickup and toasted it. Seat nor foam is conductive so really the only way for a short/overload is if the blacks and either of the other two wires touched together.
All were broke like you cut them very possible they touched together ,I am gonna support and tape up similar to what you show. Second element to go out on my sled . what a poor set-up . Thanks again !

All were broke like you cut them very possible they touched together ,I am gonna support and tape up similar to what you show. Second element to go out on my sled . what a poor set-up . Thanks again !
Agree. The whole thing is a bad design.

Back