• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding the front rack to the VK Pro

VKbcnorth

Extreme
Here's some information about adding the optional front hood rack to the VK Pro. It requires three parts (listed with the weight of each part), the optional bumper (3.4#), the hood guard/winch mount (9.8#) and the rack itself (11.5#). That means you're adding 24.7# to the front end, but as long as you are on decent trails, you can haul bulky packs, snowshoes, tents, etc. up to the 99 pound rating on the front rack. Time to consider those 11" ski skins.

Pull two easy-to-remove pins and the entire rack/hood guard swings forward to make room to open the hood. No problem there.

How easy is it to remove? The rack can stay fastened to the hood guard. The hood guard pivots on a easy-to-remove pin so that's quick. You also have to loosen a wire that holds the hood guard in the swing-open position. The optional bumper doesn't add a lot of weight so it can stay in place. The two brackets that support the hood guard are tricky to install on the main frame to either side of the engine so they can stay in place as well. You should be able to remove the heavy components in 10 minutes.

All parts are well-made and look strong enough. Whether it's a good idea to add up to 99# plus the weight of the hardware to the front end - ask me in a year or so. The instructions say to remove the two grille guards at the top sides of the hood when installing the brackets for the hood guard but I found that they have to be in position to mark them to trim. So save an hour of frustrating work and leave them in place.

Attachments

• AuxBumper.jpg
    AuxBumper.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,594
  • RackBracket.jpg
    RackBracket.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • TiltRack.jpg
    TiltRack.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,704

The winch is a nice option for the front bumper. I permanently mounted it rather than the get it out of the bag, hook it up after you're stuck option. I keep the controls in the little zippered pocket on the handle bars. You can then run the winch and give it gas at the same time.

Attachments

• 160.JPG
    160.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 1,133
Anyone have the Yamaha Part Number to order this rack? I tried the Canadian link but found it wasn't working. I have a 2012 VK Pro and would like to install this front rack. Thanks for any help.

These parts have been discontinued for a few years now, I've been hunting them down for my VK, i may have found a few in a dealers inventory, let me know if you need them and ill check for you...

These parts have been discontinued for a few years now, I've been hunting them down for my VK, i may have found a few in a dealers inventory, let me know if you need them and ill check for you...
Please give me a contact number so I could purchase it please, I would be willing to pay double!!! My number is (917)731-5448 Thanks for your help!!

Yes please let me know what dealer has these parts available. Thank you!

Ok...I've been waiting for the dealer to dig the parts out for two weeks now (I told him there was no worry) as soon as I can get ahold of him I will and give you his contact info if he has more. I'm leaving for vacation in 3 days, will do my best to get you the info before then.

I believe they stopped making these racks. I purchased mine thru Canada. I'm considering selling my VK with front rack, winch, coolant heater, rear Yamaha box, wide skis. Any interest let me know.

Sorry haven't been able to make time for this. Leaving for a battery recharge til March 10th. Remind me to check for availability then. Thx

I wonder why they stopped making them?

I noticed that today when looking at parts for the 2016, but I assumed that they just hadn't made one for the new cab yet.

Sorry haven't been able to make time for this. Leaving for a battery recharge til March 10th. Remind me to check for availability then. Thx
Hi there hope your summer is going well just wanted to see if you we're able to locate the Front Rack for the Vk Pro give me a call call or E-mail

Back