• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

adjusting reverse linkage

Theres a lock nut on the link from the reverse lever to the gearbox. Loosen the locknut and then turn the link either counterclockwise or clockwise to whatever works best.

The link our our two Nytros were contacting binding on the footwell brace (hard to shift into reverse) - check that as well -

fix - take a large drill bit and bore a hole where it contacts and reverse will engage easily.

appreciate the help.

what i found out after disconnecting the linkage was the shaft was frozen. i removed the shifter rod with handle on it, took it apart. ran a round file and took a little out of the collar ir runs through. i then spray some fine lith grease into it, it slides in and out extreamly well now. also i really find that its how you pull it. mine works easy if i pull the lever up and out rather than just straight out. works great now

linkage

couch said:
The link our our two Nytros were contacting binding on the footwell brace (hard to shift into reverse) - check that as well -

fix - take a large drill bit and bore a hole where it contacts and reverse will engage easily.

funny you say that! where my linkage shifts right near the lower foot brace as you say the foot brace on mine has a half moon piece cut out of the brace allready? i bought it new and thought nothing of it. maybe it was something the dealer did during pdi?

great tip

nytroman20 said:
I noticed that pulling the brake as you engage it into reverse helps also.

that a very good idea. that would address the issue of any belt grabing and atake the tension out of the gears. thank you

Back