• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adjusting this Damn track

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Manul says to put a scale on of 20 lbs of pressure,This is all fine. Says if its wrong Put the snowmbile on a stand and take the rear axle nut off,Which is shown in the pic(Back idler wheel) Then says start the motor and turn it twice and shut it off. Then adjust the track left to right,I dont want to adjust the track left to right...Its lose! This is the way to do it or no? :o|

If you tighten up both bolts equally it will tighten the track. If you adjust one more than the other then it will move the track to the left or to the right off center. If your track is centered properly then you must tighten the bolts equally until the desired tension is attained.

14mm deep wall socket through track window at rear of sled........adjusting bolts are horizontal & pointing straight to the rear........tighten both sides evenly.....spin track with the motor & make sure it's centered on hyfax.

I talked to my dealer about this because when I was first getting the ratcheting I was not anywhere near a proper scale. He told me to just make sure that I did the adjustment in small (1/2 turn) adjustments until it stopped. The key thing is to make sure that you tighten each side exactly the same because if you don't it will throw off the track alignment. Long story short: If you don't have a scale just adjust it in baby steps until it stops ratcheting. Don't go crazy though or it will make your track too tight and melt down you sliders a little sooner then you would like.

1 or 2, it will take some of the weight transfer away, It will put a little more weight on the ski's. I don't know about yours but it seems like everyone else has way to much weight transfer with the stock set up.

Back