• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice on carbide bolts

snowxwi

Extreme
Ok, so I am trying to find a way to cover the 8 bolts (4 on each ski) that hold the carbide to the ski. I don't have a covered trailer yet, will be getting one next summer 2013. When I take the sled out snow/ice and eventually water get in those ski holes where the carbide bolts sit and it rusts over time.

I thought about using sprayable rubber on them, didn't work.

I don't want it to be super ugly. Does anyone have any simple solutions to this small annoyance I have? Also has to be somewhat removable so I can change the carbides when needed. The ones I have on now are brand new bergstrom triples.

I spray mine with metal protector (amsoil) or equivilant before each trip. I also wash my sled after each trip. Zero rust!

Same as the guys above, usually Rust Check, Krown or something similar does the trick for me, but I also bring my sled into the garage after every ride so it has a chance to dry thoroughly.

I appreciate the responses.

I will look into some of these products and try one of them. I will also be bringing the sled into the garage after each trip/ride so it will be able to dry out. Shouldn't really be a problem but I thought there would be something simple to coat these/cover these with.

Thanks again.

Back