• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

advice on making a 121" apex intro a 136"

yamadog07

Expert
can anyone give some input on converting a 2006 apex to a 136" set-up ?
is it best to buy a used suspension or is there conversion kits out there ?
how about the tunnel extension, have standard rear cooler for a 121", can this be re-usesd and does tunnel have to be extended ?

Tracks USA makes a very nice set of rail extensions and there are a couple different tunnel extensions out there. I believe Ulmer has a complete set up to extend to 136 on his web site. There's a set of used rail extensions listed in the classifieds right now.

Muffin Works can provide you with the tunnel extension and rail extensions. We have both available at very competative prices ... And to my knowlege, we are the only ones that offer the tunnel extension with powder coating if you want. If you search around you will find that many have used our products, and we have an excellent reputation.

tunnel extension

I just done the exact extension on my Apex...I bought the tunnel and rail extension from Muffin Works.....Excellent kit...Excellent price...Excellent to deal with.....I went with the 121-136....My buddy here (phazernut)...Just bought the 144 kit off them a while ago...We did the extension on his Apex using Muffin gear..Again Great quality..!!!!....Call them......

tunnel extension

heres mine

Attachments

• belle and coffee 007.jpg
    belle and coffee 007.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 398
  • belle and coffee 010.jpg
    belle and coffee 010.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 283
And mine. All muffinworks extension gear. Great stuff and excellent customer service. Mine went from 121 to 144.

To answer your questions...I believe you can do a 128 extension without doing the tunnel. Anything over that and you have to extend the tunnel. The stock cooler should be fine. I'll be putting a set of ice scratchers on mine for extra insurance.

Attachments

• DSC00867S.jpg
    DSC00867S.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC00868S.jpg
    DSC00868S.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 591
anybody running the extension kit with supercharger ?
any worries with extra torque / power ?

so i assume all other parts of my existing suspension including rear axle are still being used, just extending rails ?

extension

Yup that is right...Pull the skid from the sled...Remove the rear axle...put the rail extension in place...very snug fit! drill the holes in your rails...bolt holes are already drilled in extension...bolt it up ..assemble rear axle and you are ..."Bob's your uncle"

extension

When we did Phazernuts 40th anniverasry we left the skid in the stock location..Everything worked out fine..Mine when i had it apart I took out the mono shock and move the clip up to the top position....Now at the softest setting she just barely settles....

Back