• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

advice on the setup for an '09 rtx

snoguzzler1

Extreme
My wife just bought a new '09 RTX. I ride an Attak. She won't be riding super aggresively or anything but I want it to corner well and not scare her. Her last sled was an '05 Vector and before that she had a Venom. She didn't really like the handleing of either.
From what I've read on her I think I need to space out the ski's, add dually carbides and tighten the limiter strap one notch? Does that sound right? any other suggestions? I've never had air shocks before so any suggestions on pressure settings for them would be appreciated as well.
She weighs in around 150-160 dressed.
Oonce again thanks.
I know this ite really helped me set up the Attak so I'm sure I can learn a few tricks for the Phazer from you too.

That all sounds good.Not sure on the Fox shocks but the trick to getting handling anything near a Venom is going to be to get it as low as possible.Not sure how well the Foxes will work for that.Was one guy here that also indexed the arms on the rear skid to make the rear lower.I havent tried that yet but intend to.

Leave the ski distance alone. Tighten the front limiter strap as far as you can. Loosen the rear suspension front shock spring all the way-no too far or the spring holder will fall off the shock. The new slim jim duallys work good

Thanks guys. I guess I'll try loosening the front rear suspension spring and tighten the limiter strap. I can also try the ski's both ways and she which way she likes better.
Any other suggestions?

Coming off a Vector she must know about not letting off throttle all the way around corners.Ulmers clutch kit also reduced the engine braking which helped that handling a bit.

Back