• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After 10 yrs riding Attaks.. got me a Vector XTX ..

I was surprised to see it's so different and aggreessive then the Ripsaw I used on LTX's. I can't find one at the Camoplast site like it.. the one on the XTX that is. I ride mostly groomed trails so I hope this holds up and performs well.

The ripsaw 2 is a much better track the the 1. The 146" corners really well.

The ripsaw 2 is a much better track the the 1. The 146" corners really well.

I called Camoplast and they said it's a 1 ply track... I have to stud it.. we often have ice around on the trails... and this track won't bite it at all.

ripsawII.JPG

I was surprised to see it's so different and aggreessive then the Ripsaw I used on LTX's. I can't find one at the Camoplast site like it.. the one on the XTX that is. I ride mostly groomed trails so I hope this holds up and performs well.
Well, I liked mine in the 12 lousy miles I've put on it, on the trail. But then, since this is my first sled, I've got nothing to compare it to. Hope you've got more snow than us.

If you have any interest I have a like new 146 ice attak that would fit your new sled.

No thanks.. Seems Woody's Grand Master studs does well on these tracks.. hate to take apart a brand new sled.. and spend more money.. I never liked the Ice Attaks either.. rather go Woody's...

Well, I liked mine in the 12 lousy miles I've put on it, on the trail. But then, since this is my first sled, I've got nothing to compare it to. Hope you've got more snow than us.

I've got 1200 miles so far in.. would of done more but the grandkids came to visit a few times.. can't go far with them.. also seems are winter is about to end fast ... going tomorrow for a break in ride ..have to trailer up north 1 1/2 hr's to do it thou... this may be the last ride.. due to weather. Hopefully I get 100 miles on the XTX.

Was this the Vector you saw at Billerica?

Did you see the machine in person or they send a pic?
It’s a 2018 short track with 1.25” lugs.
g
Did you go to see it? Seem's like a possible XTX compared to my 136 LTX's.. also the track fooled me.. still does.. it looks like a 1.75 to me. My 1.25 ( I measured) gives the same impression due to it's design. That Antigo Yamaha has the XTX Le's for sale..

Just did my first ride...upgraded shock set at 250lbs.. amazing handling,ride,etc. I wish I did this back in 15 when they first came out.. so much better fuel economy,lighter,way easier to steer and handle.. It rides better ..higher in the seat etc. then my wifes 13 Vector LTX..

Last edited:
I must say how nice of a ride this new XTX with upgraded shock is over the Attak GT's I've owned and both 2010 2013 Vector LTX's.. been riding enough now to see and feel the ride,power,comfort.. Between the power steering, seat height, YCCT, 146 track, Single Shot, RipsawII..I can't imagine any better ride for a trail machine for the $8700 I spent.

Have you noticed any difference in fuel economy compared to your 2010 and 2013 Vectors?

Have you noticed any difference in fuel economy compared to your 2010 and 2013 Vectors?

I never kept track of it ..being the wifes machine.. but what I did was watch at fill ups to see how many gallons I used with my Attak's.. it was always more of course on the Attak.. if she took 5 I took 7 gallons.. now I'm twice as heavy as her.. ha.. but we both used just about the same amount now with the 13 and 16's.. I figured 15 mpg on my 16 XTX vector.. that's soft soft snow.. over mountians,etc and laying on the fuel to break it in good.. she did a bit better on fuel.. but I'm so pleased.. did a 60 mile perfect ride today.. just an awesome machine.. I can't see how a sidewinder or doo could be better.. I felt like it was a feather under me with lot's of power thru the mountains today.

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping with the internal engine changes that they might be a little better. Overall happy with the mileage, just the other brands have caught up to and surpassed them in the last few years. It didn't help when they reduced the fuel capacity down to 34 litres either... Glad you like the sled, it is on the short list for my next one.

Well... I don't care about other brands.. And for trail use I don't think they're any better...I know what I got.. perfection in design and quality.. every one here is screaming about that Yamaha might be loosing going with Cat... who cares about fuel mileage.. I ride all day for a few bucks.. I get over 100 miles per tank so that's plenty were I live. ..and the back of the machine has a larger platform vs the LTX I see to hold a larger bag or can. At 10 gal tank it would of given me 150 easy to do miles.. 9 gallons would give me close to 13o safe to do miles it seems.. plenty.
My 150 hp Outboard would use 100 gallons of fuel for an all day cruise. Ha.

Back