• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After Market Skis

Which After Market ski will you use

• C&A Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simmons Flex

• SlyDog

• USI

• SLP

• Stock Ski

• Total voters

jtssrx

Lifetime Member
I'm going to dump My stock ski's on my Attack for an after market set. I've always used C&A Pros. I'm thinking about switching to slydogs. Which ski are you going to use and why.

I like the stock ski w/ Bergstrom carbides & darting shims!!!

The only problem I've had with a Yamaha ski over the last 4-5 years is the darting!!!!!!

Bergstrom fixed that!!!!!!!!

BR

If you ride in any type of power snow deeper then 12 inches the stock Yamaha skis do not float "period". You sled sinks to the hard base liek a stone.

Plus the stock ski doesn't hold a candle to the C&A for cornering either.

I will never ride a stock ski after using the C&A's over the last 5 years

Well i will try stock,than switch to precision and maybe go to c&a pros who knows till the snow flies...

COLDONE said:
I like the stock ski w/ Bergstrom carbides & darting shims!!!

The only problem I've had with a Yamaha ski over the last 4-5 years is the darting!!!!!!

Bergstrom fixed that!!!!!!!!

BR
Coldone can you exsplain the skegs you like so much,how do they work to keep it from darting,and can i regrind them,i can save alot of my skags by regrinding...

I tried the Simmons on my Warrior and was very impressed ;)!

They really helped out with keeping the front end up in the fluff. I ran 6inch carbides on all runners and couldn't believe how well it turned ;)! ;)!

I might add that they are the coolest looking ski's out there 8)

Ive got C&A's on my Warrior. They seem to work the best for me. I trail ride most of the time with alot of lake running. The occasional time we find some off trail deep stuff & they float well. I tryed the USI's, Simmons, and of course Stockers. ;)!

jtssrx said:
If you ride in any type of power snow deeper then 12 inches the stock Yamaha skis do not float "period". You sled sinks to the hard base liek a stone.

Plus the stock ski doesn't hold a candle to the C&A for cornering either.

I will never ride a stock ski after using the C&A's over the last 5 years

I believe crazymf was referring to the stock MOUNTAIN skis. They do float, and float well. No need to swap skis if you are buying a Mtn. sled from Yamaha.

I only ride groomed trails, but I do not have any experience with these stock skis, since I am new to Yamaha. I hope their good for that because I'd rather spend my money on a clutch kit and maybe some gearing if needed. I believe this sled that I am buying (Apex GT), I don't want to start changing stuff if I don't have too. I've done that for so many years and I'm sick of replacing oem parts because they do not work worth a darn.

Rotax!: Skis are a must in my book. On any sled not just a Yamaha. Everyone I ride with no matter what the brand has converted to a good after market ski. most use C&A.

Back